cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Amplifier / Equalizer App Compatible with Pandora?

bobbyprather195
Local Performer

Is there a equalizer or amplifier app compatible to pandora?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MistressSian. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback around this.

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases unlike terrestrial radio, which may equalize or compress the entire broadcast. This can result in some volume differences between songs. While we don't currently provide a built-in equalizer for the Pandora application, the best way to get ideas like this heard is by posting / upvoting on this existing feature suggestion: Adjustable / Visual Equalizer

• In order to upvote this idea, click on 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to checkout this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @bobbyprather195. 👋

This is not currently a feature of Pandora at this time. Unfortunately, there aren't any compatible apps that I could recommend. In the meantime, we do have this existing feature suggestion that you may be interested in upvoting: Adjustable / Visual Equalizer

In order to upvote this idea, click on 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion.

Hope to see you around the community space more often! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

MistressSian
Local Performer

There definitely needs and should be an in app equaliser. Pandora is too well established for there not to be one already!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MistressSian. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback around this.

We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases unlike terrestrial radio, which may equalize or compress the entire broadcast. This can result in some volume differences between songs. While we don't currently provide a built-in equalizer for the Pandora application, the best way to get ideas like this heard is by posting / upvoting on this existing feature suggestion: Adjustable / Visual Equalizer

• In order to upvote this idea, click on 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to checkout this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

MistressSian
Local Performer

Equalisers do not always have yo do with the song, but the quality of the device that is delivering the sound. Those devices are not always delivering the sound the artists have hoped for since technology has changed drastically over the decades. Most phones Equalisers are subpar at best and therefore Pandora being a media giant they are and wanting to offer the best experience would want to make sure we have the best sound. However, from that response it seems us terrestrial beings will find better ways to tweek the sound. Honestly I expect more. I guess that's why so many more people go to Spotify.

Bigsound
Local Performer

If you have an Android you can download SpotEQ31 I love it. 

Brianlinnert
Local Performer

How I find that on pandora in iPad 

0 Kudos

djw3lch
Local Performer

I'm on a galaxy S20 5G phone, OS version 12, recently upgraded from 11, which I also had this issue on.

I am using the PowerAmp Equalizer app, which takes control of the device audio and applies an eq preset. I should not that EVERY OTHER APP on my phone that produces audio works just fine, pandora is the only one with issues. This issue is also present on Bluetooth headphones, and when running wired headphones via USB (no headphone jack). 

When the eq app is active, Pandora does a weird thing: roughly 50% of the time, when a song starts playing, it plays at a lower volume, at about half, or 3dB lower than it should be. If I pause, then play again, the volume returns the correct volume for the duration of the song. It does not matter how the sog starts playing, whether I choose it directly, in a playlist, or it comes up in a station, roughly 50% of songs that play start at this low volume, and it will continue at that low volume until the song is complete, and the next song will have that same 50% chance of playing at low volume.

I believe this is a bug with the pandora app for android, as again, no other app presents this problem.

0 Kudos

Bradymp
Local Performer

Eqfy is a global equalizer that works with Pandora it's like 5 bucks and if you change the gain settings in the apps settings to high you get distortion so just watch out for that but I have yet to find a app it won't work for yet so.... Only other thing is when you connect to apps it only really works on music you've downloaded and YouTube music for everything else it says unknown media but still works if you tweak the eq a bit it works good

0 Kudos

mtp60
Local Performer

I second this suggestion. SpotEQ31 works great with Pandora, at least on an S22 Ultra.  It's gimped down free version has no ads, either.

0 Kudos

WJW3
Local Performer

This response doesn't answer the question asked.

0 Kudos

Marvinmycat
Local Performer

When I use Pandora via Android Auto, every single song resets to the phone's default EQ setting and I have to reset the Samsung phone EQ setting back to the custom configuration. Every. Single. Song. Every. Single. Time. 

0 Kudos

mtp60
Local Performer

You might try the aforementioned PowerAmp EQ, which has solved all of my Pandora EQ issues. I have managed to fix the annoying every-other-song 3db volume change madness by altering a few settings within its Equalizer Settings>Known Players>Pandora:

Fade=disabled

No DVC, Keep Equalizer Session, and Multi-session=all enabled

Pandora is the only app that exhibits these issues,  thus requiring these settings. 

0 Kudos

Markjohnson
Local Performer

There are tons of eq apps in the playstore that work with anything you play on your smartphone or tablet.