cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Crashing constantly

PattonJ26
Underground

I have the same issue especially since the new ios updates it either closes itself out or pauses itself while screen is locked. I changed everything I can think of to keep that from happening including locking the app to home screen so it can close out and it still does. No matter what I do it doesn't stop.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @PattonJ26. 👋

Sounds like you may be experiencing a few issues. Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

For issues like this one, the best place to start is here: Android Troubleshooting

Often times, clearing the app data can help resolve most issues with the Pandora app on Android devices. If that doesn't help, I can gather your device details to share with our tech team.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

I hope the steps help. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.16.24)
0 Kudos

PattonJ26
Underground

I've done all of them already I do it on a daily basis anyways it still does it. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple times as well.

0 Kudos

LeonPandora

@PattonJ26 sorry to hear that. I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

PattonJ26
Underground

I appreciate that but so far I have heard anything about the issue so hopefully someone gets back to me soon. I use pandora daily and usually don't have issues but lately it seems I only ever have issues and I feel like I'm wasting money on having a premium account.

Lbonfiglio
Local Performer

I have the same problem and nothing  fixes it. Time to ditch Pandora after 15 years maybe? It **ahem** toothpaste be able to listen to music

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Lbonfiglio I definitely understand your frustration.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Android Troubleshooting

If that does not resolve the issue, I'd like to report your experience to our engineering team as well. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Scap
Underground

Android: App crashes after updating to 2408.1

update version 2408.1 issues

Good day.

I recently updated to version 2408.1 and immediately regretted it.  App would not open.  Uninstalled/Reinstalled to no avail.  Eventually, I had to go back to version 2407.1.1 to get it back to working order.

Pixel 8 Pro running CalyxOS since first boot (10/2023) with no issues until this version.

The app will open and show the Pandora logo splash screen and then immediately close.  I was unable to get it to do more than this and as soon as it closed, I could attempt to reopen it with the same result.  Whatever is causing the hang-up does not appear to be a lagged startup but rather it is a hard close.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

AdamPandora

@Scap Nice to see you around the community.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

Scap
Underground

@AdamPandora 

I appreciate you looking into this.

I just installed the update and will start the troubleshooting as soon as I hit reply.

@AdamPandora 

Ok, I just went through the troubleshooting guide and was unable to get the program to load.

Hopefully, you're able to see something on your end.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Scap Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Scap
Underground

Awesome, appreciate you all looking into it for me.