cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Doesn't Load on Samsung Devices

Kimberlykajira
Local Performer

Me too with the blip of the p and then nothing. Tried everything listed above, reinstall, software checks on phone and app and can't even listen to Pandora through the chrome or internet, so... help!

Model name: Galaxy S21 5G

Carrier: Att

Model number: SM-G991U

Android version 12

Pandora Version 2110.1

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MrTPalma. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Have you tried running through the standard steps? If not, you could try these out to see if it helps with Pandora not loading your device: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing the following details?

• Model: Samsung S21
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Kimberlykajira. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your device details. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you're using your Galaxy S21 to access Pandora from your mobile browser, you'll be redirected to the Pandora app instead. Unfortunately, we do not support Pandora on mobile browsers. 

++

Are you receiving any error messages when the app crashes at launch?

Let me know, and I can report this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

Kimberlykajira
Local Performer

No, I normally access the Pandora through the app but tried off internet as a back up resort. 

When I select the app, the p flashes and nothing else...

Thank you

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the follow up, @Kimberlykajira. I've reported this to our engineering team on an internal ticket. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

1MsDana
Local Performer

I also have the S21+ Mine is doing the Same thing, started a few days ago when a new system update installed .. although a couple times I have gotten a message that the app has a bug... 

Screenshot_20211204-021055_Device care.jpg

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @1MsDana. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this and for providing the screenshot. Sorry to hear that you're running into this error as well. 

We have an internal ticket open for this issue, and I'd like to report your feedback to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S21+
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Pittboss
Local Performer

App refuses to load tried clearing cache and clearing data and tried deleting app and reinstalling  the app nothing works and phone is up to date and nothing helps any ideas 

I pay for the app and its pissing me off 

mick7hp
Underground

Hi, In mid November my Galaxy S21 on Verizon was updated to android 12. around that same time Pandora became very unstable. It sometimes does not open when i tap the icon (specifically, the "P" symbol flashes but closes instantly). Occasionally it will open with no issues. Strangely, sometimes  I can try to open it multiple times with no success, but when i long-press and select a station from the menu it will open.. I saw a similar question and a reply asked for the following info. (and yes, i have cleared cache, cleared data, and uninstalled/reinstalled).

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S21
  • Carrier: Verizon Wireless
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 12
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): SP1A.210812.016.G991USQU4BUKF
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): Nov 1, 2021
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 2112.1 (ANDROID-TURNER 21121009)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? It seems to do it on both.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mick7hp I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: App Doesn't Load on Samsung Devices

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

mick7hp
Underground

Thank you so much. I apologize, i didn't see that thread.

lisalooove4
Underground

I got a new phone (S21) a little over a month ago. Ever since then my Pandora app crashes as soon as I try to open it. I got an error message that the app has a bug and the creator needs to fix it with an update. That was a month ago and it's still the same thing. I've done everything. Rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, went thru the website, signed in, changed my password, signed out, rebooted. Nothing is working. I love Pandora but I'm about to cancel my subscription and go to a different music app. I don't know what else to do but I do know I'm tired of paying for an app that I can't even use. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @lisalooove4. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I completely understand where you're coming from.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: App Doesn't Load on Samsung Devices

We have an internal ticket open for this issue. I'd like to report your feedback and device info to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S21
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

lisalooove4
Underground

Hi Alyssa.... here you go

Model: Samsung Galaxy S21

Carrier: Verizon

Android version: 12

Pandora version: 2112.1 (Android-Tuner 21121009)

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lisalooove4 Thanks for following up with that.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Konradical
Local Performer

Same scenario here s21 ultra 5g with tmobile looks like it's pandora 2112.1 HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO FIX THIS?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Konradical. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, and sorry for the inconvenience.

You could try out the general troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account: Android Troubleshooting

I'd like to share your experience with our team. Would you mind sharing more details?

• Have you received any error messages when you attempt to launch the Pandora app? If so, what does it say?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

mick7hp
Underground

Hey, as one of the original reporters, I just wanted to update... the problem is no longer happening on my galaxy s21 with verizon! i'm not sure if it was a pandora update or android and i can't pinpoint the exact timing, but i think it was an android update that did it because i was seeing similar things on other apps like textra, as well as laggy scrolling issues. all are now gone. unfortunately it seems like people are still seeing this, so hopefully i just got the update earlier than you. but there is hope!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @mick7hp. It sounds like this may have occurred when updating to Android 12. In the meantime, I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. 👍

0 Kudos

lisalooove4
Underground

Glad yours is working Mick. Mine still is not. This will be the last month I pay for something I can't even use. Going on 3 months now. Don't understand why it's taking so long to fix a glitch that thousands of people are having. 

0 Kudos

kbowmant
Local Performer

My S21+ started doing this this morning. It was working fine yesterday. Now I'm getting the same message that the app has a bug

0 Kudos