cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App launches stating app has a bug

atagmee
Underground

I'm getting this message followed by "Pandora closed because this app has a bug. Try updating this app after it's developer provides a fix"

I'm using android phone. S21 FE. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times. Please advise.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
17 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @atagmee!

Sorry to hear this is happening. Did this just happening recently, or with a recent app update?

In the meantime, can you please check the battery optimization for your Samsung, and ensure they are set to unrestricted. You can use the following steps:

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

If the above steps do not apply, we recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for your specific model. Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device.

If the battery optimization settings appear to be correct, can you send over a bit more info about your device? I'd like to share it with our engineering team.

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

atagmee
Underground
  • Model: S21 FE 5G
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): SM-G99OU
  • Pandora version: 2304.1
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

This has been going on for about a week. I didn't do any update. The only change was installing a Motorola wireless adaptor for android auto. Pandora stopped working shortly after. So I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. No luck.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @atagmee Just to confirm, the battery optimization settings have been set to unrestricted, correct?

In the meantime, I've passed your information to our engineering team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

atagmee
Underground

Yes, battery optimization has been set to unrestricted the whole time.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

DarkRelms
Local Performer

Having the same issue with the Samsung galaxy fold 4.

0 Kudos

Annimal
Underground

I have the same issues with S23 Ultra

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Annimal @DarkRelms If you haven't already done so, please make sure to run through these suggested troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this after completing those steps, I'd like to report your feedback to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

DarkRelms
Local Performer

Carrier: verizon

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13

Build number (Settings > About Phone):

Screenshot_20230531_110446_Settings.jpg

Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):

Pandora version 2304.1

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? Happens with Android auto constantly have to clear cache and data for it to work for a few days the clear again

0 Kudos

Annimal
Underground

Screenshot_20230531_160632_Settings.jpg

 Pandora Version is 2304.1

It works fine on WiFi and seems to have the issue when in my car through blue tooth and android auto

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @DarkRelms @Annimal. 👋

Thank you both so much for providing those details. I've gone ahead and shared this on an internal ticket with our tech team. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

Bigbill73
Local Performer

I'm experiencing the same issue with my galaxy a71 try to uninstall and restart with no luck 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bigbill73 Since it sounds like you already ran through our suggested troubleshooting steps, I'd like to report your feedback to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Bigbill73
Local Performer
My info
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bigbill73 It looks like you attempted to attach a screenshot via email - unfortunately, that isn't possible.

You will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments.

Please try attaching that one more time within the Community, or you can also manually type out the information if you'd prefer to reply via email.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Golden1girl
Opening Act

Try restarting your phone and try again 

Annimal
Underground
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that and all of the things Pandora
has suggested.