cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

*Please note:  This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (01/22/24): Hi community friends 👋

Thank you for reporting your feedback and experience with the unresponsive player controls. This issue has been passed along to our tech team for further investigation. At this time, there is no new update to share. For new posters, feel free to include your device information as well as your feedback to be shared with the appropriate party.

As always, posts will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team. Thank you for your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (12/12/23): Hi friends 👋

We've received multiple reports about the player controls becoming unresponsive when listening to Pandora on an Android device. Thank you for taking the time to report your experience. 

In the meantime, the moderation team is sharing the reports on this thread with the appropriate party for further investigation. For new posters on this thread, it's helpful to know your device information:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? 

If you're able to capture a screenshot, this is helpful too. 

Once we have this info, we'll follow up with you if we need any additional details. We appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
264 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Leonlav77. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Let's try running through these steps to see if that helps resolve the pause / skipping issue you're encountering: Android Troubleshooting

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

hagerz
Opening Act

As of 10 days ago my pandora once it started playing on my galaxy note 22 ultra will become unresponsive. It will continue to play but want pause forward or go back. The only way to get it to recover is kill it and start over. I have reset the phone countless times and uninstalled it just as many. I'm at a total loss and need help.  I have a family plan and pay for the app. 

TannerPandora

Hi @hagerz 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you let me know the following information:

• Android OS version:
  • Pandora version:

Can you confirm if this happens when streaming directly from your Android or when connected to another device, such as a Bluetooth speaker?

Also, can you do me a favor and please share a screenshot of what you're seeing when the app becomes unresponsive? You can include pictures directly here on community. This is best done through a web or mobile web browser. You won't be able include a screenshot if replying through the email notification you may receive

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they will help improve your experience:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

After completing these steps you will be asked to log into your account.

Please note that Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this.

Thanks for the help and let me know if you run into trouble.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Taz480
Underground

Following. Mine is doing the sane thing. When trying to pause, skip, or restart from car stereo or Samsung watch, nothing happens. So I open my Z Fold5 and the controls on the now playing screen are grayed out. Sometimes onky half are grayed out and play/pause and skip are not grayed out but are unresponsive, even on the phone. I also have the Unknown by Unknown notification every time Pandora is closed. But I can swipe it away. The unresponsive control issue is the bigger issue, though. On stations and playlists. Extremely annoying and frustrating. Makes it near useless and we pay for family premium. We did just get an Android 14 software update around Dec. 1st and it does seem like it started with that but I cannot confirm it is related. i really HOPE this is figured out and some sort of update or fix is issued.

hagerz
Opening Act
Exactly the same thing here🤣🤣👍👍

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Taz480 I've enabled a trace on your account as well.

Please run through the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora recommended in his message above:

2. Tap Apps
  4. Select Storage

Please note that Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hagerz If you are still experiencing issues with this after running the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora provided, please follow up with the additional information he requested in his message above.

Thanks again for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

Larryd1987
Local Performer

Galaxy s23 ultra. Wont pause, buttons dont respond

This just started recently. When I hit the pause button, it changes to "play" but continues to play and none of the buttons respond. Only way to make it stop playing is to close the app. About ready to cancel subscription and try another music app. Have Uninstaller, cleared cache, forced stop. Frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Larryd1987 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

It sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Can you please check out @TannerPandora's message above and reply back with the information he requested?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I've also enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they will help improve your experience:

2. Tap Apps
  4. Select Storage

Thanks for the help and let me know if you run into trouble.

0 Kudos

hagerz
Opening Act

Done all the above 🤣 still doing the same thing. 

number1pa64
Underground

My issue is the App frequently stops responding on my S22 Ultra. It will not pause, skip or replay. The only way to regain control is to close the App. I understand the best action is to clear cache and data. However, I will lose all downloaded music. From what I have read in the community, as a Premium Family member I will need to manually redownload all offline content. If I had the cheaper Plus subscription, my offline content.  would be automatically redownloaded. Hoping I have my facts wrong, otherwise I will be forced to subscribe to a different platform.

Oli40
Local Performer

My phone and apps updated and now I can't skip songs unless I have the app opened up. I cant skip from my truck or from my lock screen. I have rebooted the app and phone with no luck.

JonRazz
Underground

This has been happening to me also. Seems to have started after last android update only when connected to a Bluetooth device. When I pause or do next, track keeps playing on speaker, and check app and buttons grayed out. I can either force stop or wait for next song and have the buttons back and they seem to work. Something with the Bluetooth is out of whack. I cleared both cache and data, logged back in and same symptoms. 

Pandora v. 2310.1 (android player 23101040)

Larryd1987
Local Performer

Tried to clear data yesterday, same problem. Android 14, One UI 6, Pandora 2310.1. Not sure how to add a screenshot..

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @number1pa64. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I moved your post over to this existing thread as it sounds similar to the issue you're encountering: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Clearing App Data:

Clearing the app data is a part of the standard troubleshooting steps for the Pandora app on Android devices.

Your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days. When you sign back into your account, it will reset the download process. Your offline content will still be available, it would just need to be redownloaded within the app. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

Device Details:

In the meantime, I can collect your device information to share with the appropriate party on your behalf. 

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for your help with this.  🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate the updates, @JonRazz @hagerz @Larryd1987 @Taz480

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. In the meantime, we've passed along your experience and device information to our engineering team. We'll follow up with you if we need to gather more info. Thank you for your patience during this time. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Oli40. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as I've seen recent mentions of this over the past few days: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Device Details:

In the meantime, I can collect your device information to share with our tech team. It's helpful to know:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

number1pa64
Underground
Version 2310.1

Cjk92179
Local Performer

Galaxy S22 here experiencing all the same issues and have done the following steps to fix...no improvement. This started occurring after the latest update to my phone. Sounds like engineering needs to update Pandora for this bug fix?