cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: How to Delete Followers

Dancinglindy
Local Performer

I have Samsung note 8. Want to remove a follower. How?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Dancinglindy.

It isn't currently possible to remove or block individual followers, but you can prevent any account activity visibility by changing your account settings to a private profile:

1. Open the Pandora app.
  2. Tap on Profile and then the Settings gear in the upper right corner. 
  3. Next select Privacy and under Listening Activity, select Pandora Profile to toggle Public sharing off.

Please note: While your listening history and account will not be visible to others, you may still see those individuals listed under your Followers. 

++

You can also upvote this existing feature request: Block a Follower

To upvote an idea, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the request and feel free to leave a comment. For more information about how feature suggestions work on the Pandora community, check out: Feature Request Policy & FAQs

In the meantime, I've made a note of your experience. 🎧

🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Dancinglindy.

It isn't currently possible to remove or block individual followers, but you can prevent any account activity visibility by changing your account settings to a private profile:

1. Open the Pandora app.
  2. Tap on Profile and then the Settings gear in the upper right corner. 
  3. Next select Privacy and under Listening Activity, select Pandora Profile to toggle Public sharing off.

Please note: While your listening history and account will not be visible to others, you may still see those individuals listed under your Followers. 

++

You can also upvote this existing feature request: Block a Follower

To upvote an idea, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the request and feel free to leave a comment. For more information about how feature suggestions work on the Pandora community, check out: Feature Request Policy & FAQs

In the meantime, I've made a note of your experience. 🎧

🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

lizbeth212
Local Performer

Let users remove followers!!!! It’s 2020 how are we still unable to block or delete people ?! Even if profile is set to private they remain on the list. Ridiculous and I’m switching to Spotify if this isn’t resolved 

Patrick_Dark
Local Performer

It's worth noting that the suggestion to "remove them from your list of followers" doesn't seem possible from the Pandora app even after making my profile public again. So, in the end I have two fake accounts associated with stalkers following my Pandora account and no way to remove them.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @lizbeth212  @Patrick_Dark. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback.

I completely understand where you're coming from with this.

Unfortunately, the ability to remove followers is not feature on Android at this time. However, you can restrict anyone from seeing your profile (including "followers") by switching to Private.

If you haven't already, feel free to upvote ❤️this idea in the Feature Request space.

Thanks for being a part of the Pandora community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Guppy
Local Performer

I've read the other questions posted with the same copy paste answer. My account IS PRIVATE. But I still have 1 follower named Dustin Luna. How do I delete him? Why would I want somebody seeing everything i listen to? I've been paying for premium this whole time and now I'm realizing I should have gone with spotify.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Guppy I moved your post to this thread since you had similar feedback.

Unfortunately, the ability to remove followers is not feature on Android at this time. However, you can restrict anyone from seeing your profile (including "followers") by switching to Private.

Check out @AlyssaPandora's message above for more information.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Guppy
Local Performer

Thanks for the fast response although I'm disappointed with the results.  It will be annoying switching over to spotify but pandora has been around for years and should have had that options years ago. Why it was a feature in the first place is beyond reasoning.

0 Kudos

KCDMS10
Local Performer

How do you delete a follower on your account on an android phone?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @KCDMS10! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: How to delete follower

Please check out @AlyssaPandora post here for more info on this.

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KCDMS10
Local Performer

It makes no sense,  if you can do it on one platform,  then your Tech people should be able to figure out how to do it on another one.  Maybe you need to reevaluate your personnel abilities.  I'll most likely just keep my Amazon Music account going instead. 

0 Kudos

Blm
Local Performer

No, you can’t remove them from your list of followers. And after years of asking, Pandora confirm to me today it’s not an option and seems pretty intent on ignoring the issue.

0 Kudos