cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: How to Dismiss Bluetooth Permission

HotSaltyGarbage
Local Performer

After a recent update, pandora keeps asking for Bluetooth permission. Even when I say no, pandora is still asking.

Sometimes it asks while I'm listening to pandora on my Bluetooth devices. Bluetooth connections are managed by the OS. Pandora does not need this permission, but keeps asking with no indication of what that permission is needed for. It's clearly not needed for audio.

Can I change a setting to get it to stop asking?

What does pandora want bluetooth access for?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
42 Replies

artfenski
Local Performer

Those are my setting and I'm still getting the popups. 

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @hummvee69 

Thanks so much for reporting this. I've gone ahead and added your experience and feedback to the internal ticket with our engineers.

Would you mind trying out these steps to see if this will turn off the permissions?

To manage these preferences, go to your Android settings.

Next, scroll to Privacy

• Permission Manager
  • Tap Nearby Devices
  • Scroll to find Pandora and tap
  • Click Nearby Devices again and then "Don't allow"

I hope this is helpful, let me know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @artfenski 

Got it, thanks for the update and sorry that didn't work.

However, I've gone ahead and added your experience + feedback to the internal ticket.

All updates will be posted on this thread. The most recent one can be found here.

We appreciate your patience during this process.

hummvee69
Local Performer

Tried that and my settings are already "don't allow".

GeraldPandora

Hi @hummvee69 

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear those steps didn't work.

I've added your experience and feedback to the internal ticket and all updates will be posted on this thread.

We appreciate your patience during this process!

0 Kudos

Twoearsup
Local Performer

I will be canceling my subscription and going elsewhere for my music if I keep getting interrupted by permission request that aren't needed.  Is there a solution yet? 

Nadya
Local Performer

Last week or so the music stops playing for no apparent reason. Now it got to the point where it would play for only about 5 seconds. Is this what I'm paying for? 

Also, at about the same time these interruptions started, Pandora started to request permissions (like to make phone calls, connect Bluetooth devices, etc) at every time I open the app, and I have to re-open it a lot, see my first paragraph.

I used to like this app a lot and I've never paid for an app until this one. I'm considering cancelling and switching to Spotify.

Anyone experiencing the same? Any advice?

And no, I will not give Pandora any of those permissions and yes, I can pause music myself if needed for a phone call. It all was working just fine for many months, including when I was still trying it out and listening to all those ads (for many months, in fact).

GeraldPandora

Hi @Nadya 

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

I moved your post to this existing thread here at: Android: How to Dismiss Bluetooth Permission.

As to the Bluetooth permissions, I've gone ahead and added your experience and feedback to the internal ticket with our engineers.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Lastly, as for your playback issues, try running these Andriod: Troubleshooting Steps to see if that'll get your music playing again.

Hope this helps!

Dcammisa
Local Performer

I began having this same issue a while ago. My screen looks like the pictures above. It seems to happen 2-3 times per week and I listen quite a bit each day. The message appears while Pandora is playing over Bluetooth. I agree with the other posts that Pandora does not need this permission and I'd like the app to stop asking.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Dcammisa. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience. We've notified our engineering team about this and they are working on it. The last update for this can be found here

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

denetdale
Local Performer

I'm having the same issues. It quits working after a few seconds. I can no longer stream to my TV. I, too, refuse to give access to my phone calls and bluetooth devices. I guess Spotify or Amazon Music is my next stop. Otherwise, back to good 'ol YouTube. Hate the new update.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@denetdale Nice to see you around the Community. 

How to Dismiss Bluetooth Permission:

Thanks for sharing your experience. We've notified our engineering team about this and they are working on it. The last update for this can be found here

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Issues streaming Pandora on TV:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jam2Times
Underground

You guys failed hard here. I can't use the app because of this. Subscription cancelled.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jam2Times I definitely understand your frustration.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Wrathernaut
Local Performer

Permissions were already turned off as per these instructions. Still getting endlessly asked for permissions.

0 Kudos

Jam2Times
Underground

I've cancelled. Going to try using Spotify for a year.

0 Kudos

Courtyanne81
Local Performer

I'm having these issues as well, both that @artfenski reported. It's incredibly annoying and really interfering with my experience. You're close to a month of this being an issue, what gives?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Courtyanne81 Thanks for sharing your experience. We've notified our engineering team about this and they are working on it. The last update for this can be found here

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wrathernaut Thanks for sharing your experience. We've notified our engineering team about this and they are working on it. The last update for this can be found here

0 Kudos

tno
Local Performer

I have also now cancelled my subscription for this. 

if this was actually "with engineering" they would have fixed it already, they're being told not to...

0 Kudos