cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Notifications Each Time the Song Changes

Hayhay
Local Performer

Everytime I open the app or when the song changes my phone while either chime or vibrate depending on how I have my phone set. I've already turned off all my notifications. How do I fix that?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
66 Replies

chevygirl73
Local Performer

Pandora is chiming before, after and during a song. When it chimes the volume goes low then next song volume normal but still chiming. Its happening on all devices...car, phone, bluetooth speaker and laptop. Please help it's driving me crazy.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chevygirl73 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Notifications Each Time the Song Changes

Check out the accepted solution to this thread, and let us know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

RedneckBoy1992
Local Performer

How do you turn vibrate off on the player? My phone vibrates every time it changes songs

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RedneckBoy1992 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Notifications Each Time the Song Changes

Check out the accepted solution to this thread, and let us know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

Megaskywarp
Local Performer

Thanks for this.  But why would Pandora send notifications to my phone every time I pause or play or a new song starts.  Just remove that function and people won't have to mess with the settings.  It never did this before...

Dank
Local Performer

Everytime the next song plays, my device vibrates. How do I disable this feature?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Dank. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Please check out the accepted solution to this thread here.

Feel free to let us know if you continue to run into trouble. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

sun21set
Local Performer

Is there a way to stop notifications from interrupting music.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @sun21set. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry to hear about the interruptions.

Could you tell me a bit more about the notifications you're noticing?

• What happens during your listening sessions?
  • Is it a noise? Or, a pop up notification?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Cray728
Local Performer

I have the same issue. It chimes every time an ad comes on our I pause or the song changes and the volume goes down and stays down so I have to pause and unpause to get the volume back. Also occurs if I get a text or gps says something. It's brutal.

0 Kudos

Cray728
Local Performer

Pretty annoying, luckily I figured out the solution to it. You need to go to the actual app settings. Click on "music player" notifications and then set it to silent. My app is now working just like it used to before all the annoying chimes and volume disruptions. It no longer dings at me every time the song is paused or the song changes. 

Offnotificatio
Local Performer

I have the same issue and no resolution. Anytime an email or text or anything comes thru the phone it stops the music. Very annoying at a school functions when the music for the event is disrupted

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Offnotificatio. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry for any frustration this has caused. 

Please check out the accepted solution to this thread here.

Feel free to let me know if you continue to run into trouble. 🎧

0 Kudos

N9xvt
Local Performer

Did that still does it,, and it's annoying as the device mutes pandora and forgets to unmute pandora 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @N9xvt. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Notifications Each Time the Song Changes

Please check out the accepted solution to this thread here.

Hope this helps. Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

RedNeckJiuJitsu
Local Performer

I used to love the Pandora app on my phone on previous phones. I still love the player on the website and use it daily. However, since I got my current phone (MOTO G STYLUS 2021 XT2115-1), the volume on Pandora always changes between songs: one song will start at a good volume and the next will either blast my eardrums out or be too quiet to hear, and then the following song will be back to the volume level of the first song. And the volume shown on the phone volume adjustment did NOT change. It does not matter whether I'm using the built-in speaker or Bluetooth, it does the same thing. If I get a call mid-song, it will often make the volume shift when Pandora resumes as I come out of the call. This makes the app pretty much unusable. I have other music apps on the phone that I do not have this problem with, so I know the problem is with Pandora. My dad said that someone who uses Pandora during their exercise classes has the same issue.

Also, when the song changes, my phone notification goes off like 2-3x in a row, as though I received new texts/emails, but I didn't. This is annoying and causes me to miss parts of songs. 

I like Pandora, but I'm about to switch to something else so I can listen to streaming music on my phone again.

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @RedNeckJiuJitsu 👋

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that the volume randomly shifts when playing Pandora.

For organization purposes, I've moved your post to an existing thread under Android: Notifications Each Time the Song Changes.

Regarding the notifications each time the song changes, please check out the accepted solution to this thread here.

As to the volume difference, we don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast.

As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.

If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

However, If this is a new issue, I have enabled a trace on your account. For this trace to be helpful, we'll need you to run through our Troubleshooting for Android Devices.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

RedNeckJiuJitsu
Local Performer

Gerald,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction in are of the notifications. However, the cut-and-paste answer about volume shows that you did not read my post enough to understand that the volume issue had nothing to do with volume leveling as used by terrestrial radio but an error within the app, as I stated that the same song would have the volume shift mid-song.

Frankly, regarding the notifications, while the accepted solution solved both the notifications and volume shifting, it seems both convoluted and a stupid requirement. Considering this has been a known issue for 3 years, I would think Pandora would have included a correction to this in at least one of the app updates since 2019, instead of relying on customers to find the workaround solution... I've considered upgrading my Pandora account, but this is another reason not to.

Blessings to you for your help.

0 Kudos

Joeboogie
Local Performer

Same issue but this solution doesn't match with what I'm seeing on my phone. This issue started after an update.  All notifications are off, in the app. I'm still getting notifications chimes. 2 at every song change. T Any suggestions? Thanks 

Samsung 21 ultra

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Joeboogie 👋

Thanks for sharing.

It seems like you've already tried out our accepted solution, however, that didn't help with the notification sound for each song change.

I've enabled a trace on your account, just in case I need to report this issue to our engineers.

In addition, I suggest running through our Android Troubleshooting steps and trying again to see if this helps.

++

If you still have issues, could you please provide a bit more info about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know if the troubleshooting steps helped. 

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos