cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Now Playing Lock Screen Display

Bjohnson81
Local Performer

Hello, I've had the Pandora app for years and I've always had a "now playing" type banner in my status bar of my phone and my lock screen. I recently deleted and reinstalled Pandora and now that is gone and I can't figure out how to add it back. Any help? I have an LG thinq8 phone. Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Bjohnson81!

Have you tried checking your lock screen preferences on your device?

I would recommend visiting your lock screen preference settings, and make sure you have notifications set to “Show all notification content" for Pandora.

Let me know if this helps! 📲

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

21 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Bjohnson81!

Have you tried checking your lock screen preferences on your device?

I would recommend visiting your lock screen preference settings, and make sure you have notifications set to “Show all notification content" for Pandora.

Let me know if this helps! 📲

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

JessB
Local Performer

It worked for me! Thanks!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @JessB. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know - sounds like you're back in business.

Happy listening! 🎶

0 Kudos

Daisy2
Local Performer
  • I have the LG G7 and your suggestion is not available.  Is there another way to get the lock screen now playing back on my phone?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Daisy2 I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps to see if they help resolve this: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Clsweet88
Local Performer

Mine was doing this as well. I checked for a software update on my Samsung S21 and after installing it, that fixed the problem

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @Clsweet88.

Glad to hear updating to the newest version of the app helped with your situation! 🎧

0 Kudos

Kevin1990
Local Performer

I have the lg style 5. My lock screen stopped playing the banner after an android os update. Going to settings an the apps/ notifications option to select show all notification under lock screen options worked. I do one thi g different. My show all notifications option was already select and currently still not displaying the banner. I selected another option and then reselected show all notifications and its now working

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for letting us know about your experience, @Kevin1990. This will be helpful for other listeners that may be experiencing a similar issue. 🎧

0 Kudos

riverhino
Local Performer

I have a Samsung Galaxy A42 5G and after a recent Samsung update the banner stopped for me as well.  Very annoying.

Located this thread and followed the guidance to enable notifications for the app in the system menu, shut down Pandora and restarted the app - locked the phone and there it was!! Banner back baby.  Thank you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear those steps worked for you, @riverhino!

Enjoy the tunes 🎶

0 Kudos

Starks76
Local Performer

How can you do it ONLY for Pandora. I only see options to allow all notifications or none. I don't want text and email on my lock screen, but I really miss the music player for Pandora on there. Pixel 6Pro here. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Starks76. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

Also, widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. You will need to keep the app installed to the phone's local memory and the widget should work fine.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Starks76
Local Performer

I don't see a place to set all notifications for JUST Pandora. I don't really want notifications from anything else showing on my lock screen ...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Starks76

You may find this Google Support page helpful: Control Notifications on your Pixel Phone 

I hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

amburrentsak
Local Performer

I've had Pandora for a while now and it use to be on my lock screen. My phone has the always on display so I could just tap it once and it would let me skip or pause songs. Well sometime last year it disappeared and I can't get it back. I've gone through my settings on both my phone and the app. I'm at a loss on why it's not there anymore. Any help would be great. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @amburrentsak. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Now Playing Lock Screen Display

Also, widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. You will need to keep the app installed to the phone's local memory and the widget should work fine.

Could you check lock screen setting to see if your widget has music enabled?

This may have turned off when your phone updated to Android 12.

Go to Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets has Music Enabled

For Pandora, please make sure both "App Notifications" and "App Icon Badges" are enabled for the app. 

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

cris562
Local Performer

Problem solved.... Great Job!!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear those steps helped, @cris562.

Hope you're enjoying the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos