cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Offline Downloads Disappeared

Keopele00
Local Performer

My downloads for offline listening seem to disappear after 24 hrs.  I have a Samsung 21 5G.  It has never been an issue before.  Is there something new that I am not aware of that's causing this?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Keopele00. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear about those downloads disappearing.

Offline Listening Collection Removal:

Something to note, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days. This means if you're in offline mode for over 30 days, your offline collection will be removed.

++

Troubleshooting:

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. However, all of your offline content shouldn't disappear if there isn't enough storage.

If you aren't logging out, or in offline mode for that period of time, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes. I'll have a trace enabled on your Pandora account in case they disappear again.

Feel free to check out this helpful article about Pandora offline troubleshooting.

++

Device Details:

If the issue persists, I can share this with our engineering team as other listener could possibly be experiencing a similar issue.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Keopele00. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear about those downloads disappearing.

Offline Listening Collection Removal:

Something to note, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days. This means if you're in offline mode for over 30 days, your offline collection will be removed.

++

Troubleshooting:

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. However, all of your offline content shouldn't disappear if there isn't enough storage.

If you aren't logging out, or in offline mode for that period of time, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes. I'll have a trace enabled on your Pandora account in case they disappear again.

Feel free to check out this helpful article about Pandora offline troubleshooting.

++

Device Details:

If the issue persists, I can share this with our engineering team as other listener could possibly be experiencing a similar issue.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Nightshade
Local Performer

Anyone else having their downloads going missing? My downloads disappeared and i thought it was a glitch. I redownloaded the app and downloaded some music and i go to check on it again several hours later and everything i downloaded was gone again.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Nightshade. 👋

Sorry to hear that happened. I would recommend checking out my post about offline downloads here.

Feel free to let me know how the troubleshooting goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

sbsnursing
Local Performer

I have been having issues with offline listening disappearing or online 1 station downloads then stops. I have plenty of space, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and I have contacted Pandora multiple times. This has been going on for 2 months. After sending the troubleshooting techniques over and over (that I have already tried) I finally get a response that "the engineers are still working in the issue but we notify you any update about this. Thank you for your patience in the meantime." Two months they have been working with the issue with no resolution.

0 Kudos

Astamey94
Local Performer

All of my songs I've downloaded have dissappeared, same with my Playlist.  Help!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Astamey94 I moved your post over to the Android space.

To clarify, did your downloaded content for Offline Mode disappear after updating the app, or after signing out/signing back in?

Also, would it be possible to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

ashcor90
Local Performer

I had to update my credit card on my family plan. And when I did it lost all of my downloaded content including songs and podcasts. But when I go to hit the collet button it's says saved to collections but it isn't saving any of them. My podcast section is still empty. 

What happened!?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ashcor90 I moved your post over to the Android space.

To clarify, are you now having trouble re-downloading your offline content?

If so, is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

myways225
Underground

I have Pandora Plus plan and been able to listen to my download music offline for years. Suddenly, this week all my download music was gone, and I can't listen to any music offline any more. I check on Pandora website, they said you can listen to Offline music with Pandora Plus. My question is did I do anything wrong with my setting or if Pandora doesn't honor their contract with subscribers? Please advise if anyone know how to fix this problem, thank you very much in advance for your help! Cheers

0 Kudos

Gerridawn
Local Performer

This exact thing happened to me too. I just want my radio back. I hope I don’t have to get a new app

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@myways225 I moved your post over to the Android space.

You should be able to listen to Pandora in Offline Mode with your Pandora Plus subscription.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this email.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Mac249
Local Performer

I had the same issue. But it was after my offline stations were gone, it would download 1 song for 1 station that i never listened to.

Tried the steps above. 2 stations downloaded and each station only had 1 song. 1 was one of the stations I liked the other was another station I never listened to. I'm trying the steps again. 

0 Kudos

Jallison1997
Local Performer

I only have thumbprint right now

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jallison1997 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Offline Downloads Disappeared

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this email.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos