cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora App Keeps Pausing

Nesieka
Local Performer

Pandora keeps Pausing every time I turn off my phone and even when I'm on my phone it will pause itself and keep playing again but most of the time I have to hit play myself. the app doesn't crash, the app doesn't close, it works fine other than it won't keep playing the song.  I have a good connection and there's nothing connected to my phone that would be able to pause the music. App is updated and I reinstalled it as well as restarted my phone. I also updated my phone. Not sure what else I can do?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasonwpegg
Underground

DISCLAIMER: I am a regular user and not employed by or affiliated with Pandora.  I am just another user, trying to help wherever I can.  🙂

It sounds like your phone might not be letting background apps run and/or use data.  When you turn off your phone, or when another app is running in the foreground, Pandora will move to the background.  If your phone is set to aggressively protect battery and/or data usage, it may not be letting background apps run.  You might have to set up an exception for Pandora.  I couldn't tell you exactly where to look (Android's menus change witih flavor and manufacturer), but a quick Google search on your model might give you what you need.

Hope that helps.  And happy to let someone else in the community (especially Pandora employees) correct me if I'm wrong.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

jasonwpegg
Underground

DISCLAIMER: I am a regular user and not employed by or affiliated with Pandora.  I am just another user, trying to help wherever I can.  🙂

It sounds like your phone might not be letting background apps run and/or use data.  When you turn off your phone, or when another app is running in the foreground, Pandora will move to the background.  If your phone is set to aggressively protect battery and/or data usage, it may not be letting background apps run.  You might have to set up an exception for Pandora.  I couldn't tell you exactly where to look (Android's menus change witih flavor and manufacturer), but a quick Google search on your model might give you what you need.

Hope that helps.  And happy to let someone else in the community (especially Pandora employees) correct me if I'm wrong.  Good luck!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great suggestions, @jasonwpegg! Thanks for your helpful reply.

@Nesieka These troubleshooting steps may help with the issue you're experiencing.

Let us know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Nesieka
Local Performer

So it worked at first. And everything is still set so it can play in the background no matter what. It doesnt do it as much now but still does. I'm thinking maybe my phones too old? I was already planning on getting a new one. (I have a note 8). I think it started doing it with my last phone update. If you had any other ideas that's be great or I just wont worry about it till i get a new phone

0 Kudos

chuchinj85
Local Performer

All those methods still not working...i have OnePlus 10 pro..another other suggestions....

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @chuchinj85. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced. Let's try running through the steps below while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account, in case we need to share this with our engineering team. 

Battery Optimization:

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

++

Standard Android Troubleshooting:

If that doesn't help, I would recommend running through these steps: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Eric94
Local Performer

Uninstall it and then reinstall it and it will work.

0 Kudos

Plie
Local Performer

I have a new Samsung Ultra note and it continues to timeout after 30 seconds of playing

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Plie Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Plie
Local Performer

I'm a regular user but just recognized that my BT was trying to connect to my other devices so once I turned all other devices off, the pausing stopped.  I also adjusted permissions in settings for pandora.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing us with that update, @Plie.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos

Rgmoses
Local Performer

Thx..will give it a try

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @Rgmoses.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

0 Kudos