cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora App Won't Fully Close

RodChristen
Underground

Now that the Pandora app works again on my Android phone (Thanks for that Pandora!!!!) I see a new issue. It won't turn off. I can restart the phone, I can quit the app and within 5-10 minutes I can look and the app appears to be running again (By "running" I mean that the app appears to be running but paused with the name of the song and artist displayed.)

This is a better problem and perhaps there is a setting I need to change but I don't know what it is.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @RodChristen. 👋

Sorry to hear that a new issue has come about. I know how frustrating that can be.

When Pandora is paused, it will use minimal data and battery, and the Android system will automatically close apps as it needs.

• You can exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu, finding the Pandora app and then swiping it away. 
  • You can also find out more information about closing apps on Android devices in Find, Open & Close Apps on Android 

Another option is to try force closing the app to see if this helps.

Force Closing the App:

• Navigate: Settings > Apps.
  • Ensure All apps is selected (upper-left).
  • If necessary, tap the Dropdown icon (upper-right) then select All apps. Locate then select the Pandora app.
  • If system apps aren't visible, tap the Menu icon (upper-right) > Show system apps.
  • Tap Force stop.
  • To confirm, review the message then tap Force stop.

++

If the issue persists, I've already enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with the engineering team. Would you mind clearing the app data using these steps?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

RodChristen
Underground

It is strange in that I can stop listening and close the app but when I
look at my phone after a bit the app is running again (with the music
paused) but the app is still there. I can then stop it again just to find
it running again later. I did a Clear Cache and a Clear Data and nothing
seemed to change. When I used the app again later it still seemed to do
the auto-restart issue.

Again it's great to have Pandora working on my phone so this is a much less
serious issue for sure then when I couldn't get Pandora to work at all.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@RodChristen Can you please send us a screenshot of what you are seeing when Pandora is running again after you force close the app?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

SLUnatic85
Local Performer

I wish it was just like many other music apps where I can play or pause all day. But if I want to stop it totally, I swipe down or touch an x.

The issue is not a process running minimally in the background. But that it hamgs on pause or standby and will sometimes randomly start after days of not using it when I plug in headphones, get in my car... try to play pause other music using my lockscreen or who knows when!

Just saying. Hopefully this cleans up one day. Bit ots not the end of the world. I'm used to force closing apps anyway.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @SLUnatic85 👋

Nice to see you around the Community!

If you haven't already, I suggest running through our Android Troubleshooting steps, this will help "untangle any knots". However, I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can get a better understanding of what's going on.

In addition, I suggest reviewing your battery optimization settings. When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

Let us know if this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos