cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Playback stops when on WiFi

achantar
Local Performer

I am also having this issue. Started this year. I have a Samsung s22 ultra. Noticed when I was at the gym using their wifi. Played about 20 seconds or so and then stopped. Had to press play, but it played a new song. And then 20 seconds of play, then stops. 

Today I noticed when I was using mobile data, it played the entire songs. Moment I got home and turned off mobile data and connected to wifi, it had the same issue as before. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@achantar I moved your post to over the Android space.

To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

achantar
Local Performer

Hi the issue does not happen with Podcast player and YouTube 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Thanks for checking and updating us @achantar.

Since you have a Samsung device, please check your Sleeping Apps settings to ensure the system isn't putting Pandora to sleep in the background. You can check out how to do that by visiting this post.

Something else to note, when updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step-by-step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

You can also find more info about the battery optimization in this helpful article

If you're still having trouble, I would recommend trying out the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps for your Android device.

Let me know how it goes! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos