cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Removing Offline Content with Plus

JosefR
Underground

I don't know why this information is not available anywhere, or if it is, it is incorrect or outdated.  I have 3 green down arrows and 3 green circle arrows.  I also got a message saying I had 3 stations downloaded, so I can only interpret that to mean the green down arrow stations are downloaded on my phone now.  So besides the fact that there is no information on that posted anywhere, how do I get this stuff off my phone? I only found one post on that from last year and that information is now outdated as none of it applies to anything I can see on my screens.  Why does Pandora insist on making everything so mysterious and difficult??

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, @OleG.

If you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

In the meantime, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting this added to the service as well: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @JosefR. 👋

Thanks for your post! Those steps were specific to the listener that started this thread.

You can remove those downloaded stations by simply tapping the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content. I've included screenshots below.

image_from_ios.jpg    image_from_ios-1.jpg

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

I have no idea where you are in those pictures, there is nothing like that in my Pandora.  If I navigate to a spot similar to where you are that has the word "station" and a back arrow in the top left, there is still nothing at all like what you reference.  It seems like Pandora intentionally makes this difficult.
263052937_226605819604086_9027031507396708059_n.jpg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JosefR Oh no! I'm very sorry about that - you are correct in your observation. The screenshot is for Premium listeners.

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

JosefR
Underground

I want to have no offline stations available to me.  Most of the space on my phone has been used up by this "feature" I did not want.

0 Kudos

OleG
Underground

So, as a plus member I have no ability to decide what I want to make available for download? I can only download what Pandora says I can download, is the correct?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, @OleG.

If you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

In the meantime, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting this added to the service as well: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps!

OleG
Underground

If I don't renew my Siriusxm account I will consider upgrading to Premium. At this point I don't have budget for Siriusxm and Premium Pandora, too.

0 Kudos