cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Song in Playlist Plays the Wrong Song

Avalencia
Local Performer

A different song in my playlist plays instead of the one I chose. And the further down I go in my playlist, the bigger the gap is between the song I originally chose and the one that actually plays.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

We believe this issue is now resolved with the newest Pandora app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

If you continue to have trouble, please let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Avalencia. 👋

Based on your message, it sounds like this issue just started happening recently - meaning the song isn't labeled incorrectly in our system. It sounds like there's a glitch when you listen from your playlist.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists after running through the troubleshooting steps, could you share more information about your device?

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this happen with one specific playlist? Or, any playlist that you listen to?

Let me know, and I can report this to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

NicoleOro
Underground

I click on a song in my Playlist and it plays a song like 6 songs up. It has done this several times. Please fix! Android Samsung s20 ultra. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @NicoleOro. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this information with our engineering team.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos

NicoleOro
Underground

No that did not help. When I delete songs out of the Playlist and restart the songs come back. I kept deleting them and they come back again. I would press on one song and a song I deleted would play. I finally deleted my whole Playlist to start another. It's done it before several times as well. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NicoleOro Thanks for confirming. I'm sorry to hear that those steps didn't help. I understand how frustrating this can be. I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung S20 Ultra
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Has this happened with any other playlist?
  • Could you confirm the name of the playlist that you experienced this issue with?

Once I have these details, I can share this with our engineering team so they can investigate further.

I really appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jasids
Underground

I have the same issue when playing from my playlist. This is a problem that has been happening for the better part of two years now. Please please fix this issue. Exactly the issue. You cannot force Pandora to delete a song off your playlist hardly. If the song does disappear the playlist behaves like it's still there and you select a song and some song further up the list plays.. 

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jasids. 👋

Thanks for your feedback, and for reporting this issue.

• What is the name of the playlist where this occurred?
  • What track did you select to play?
  • Which track ended up playing as a result?

Did you get a chance to run through the troubleshooting steps as well? You can find those here: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Cinder2010
Local Performer

Not sure what support doesn't understand, on phone you swipe left click delete, the song is no longer in the list. But you touch a song on the list it plays the old song that was located at that spot before being deleted. This has been going on forever.  It's only rectified by going on PC and deleting the songs. It's not complicated fix the app, or force your PC app to log out users on your end 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cinder2010 It sounds like you are running into this issue on your Android device.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Cinder2010
Local Performer

vices

If you continue to experience issues with this, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

Model: Carrier: Android version 12 pixel 3 Verizon  build number  SP1A.210812.016.A1

Pandora version: 2110.1

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Wifi or cellular doesn't matter. The only pattern is exactly what's started no matter where you add the song no matter the playlist it won't truly remove it unless you do it via PC.   You can sign out and refresh all you want. The app just keeps the list as ghost songs and will play them no matter what. Selecting any song will play what was once in that position of the list.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that information over, @Cinder2010.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

We believe this issue is now resolved with the newest Pandora app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

If you continue to have trouble, please let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

ZeroDansTTv
Local Performer

I was able to cause this glitch to happen again in the new update

It seems that happens when you go to remove a song from a playlist without editing the playlist you  just swipe left on the song you wanna remove If you're not editing it This will cause your playlist to be like out of sync

When you relaunch the app those songs that you removed if you didn't edit the playlist will be back and your playlist will be  Sync again

A possible fix you could do it is just make it so you can't remove songs from playlists unless you're editing a playlist

I hope this helps someone fix this bug

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZeroDansTTv I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Thatguy78
Underground

It's not just the playlist, which for me only plays wrong song when I delete a song. It's happening when I listen to the album also. It's like 3 to 4 songs off.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Thatguy78. 👋

Does the song you've deleted reappear?

Have you tried running through the standard troubleshooting steps yet? If not, please try out these steps while I have a trace enabled: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Thatguy78
Underground
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Phone model: Moto G Stylus
Android version: 11
Carrier: MetroPCS
Pandora version: 2208.2

It seems to be happening on both cell and wifi. 
A punk band named Dr. Know seems to have the names wrong on most songs.
When I delete songs it messes up the songs till I restart the app.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @Thatguy78. I've gone ahead and passed this along to the appropriate party on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos