cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Songs Reappear After Being Deleted from a Playlist

TommyTDL
Local Performer

This is seriously frustrating ... I'm a long-time yearly subscriber who is VERY close to bailing.

On my Android phone Pandora app I created a playlist with approximately 40 songs in it and several don't really match so I want to delete them. I've tried over and over and over and they all just keep coming back.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @TommyTDL! Welcome to community.

Sorry to hear this is happening. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

Can you let me know the following info about your device:

• Model:
  • Android version:
  • Pandora version:

In the meantime, if you have access to a computer, I would recommend trying to make these changes to your playlist on web. They will carry over to your mobile device.

Sorry for the trouble.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Eileenam
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  This is throwing my song line-up off and it really IS frustrating!  PLEASE FIX SOON.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eileenam I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Dwoodard67
Local Performer

Yeah, this is how it should work, but after I hit save, the playlist goes back to the way it was before I edited it. Any song(s) I deleted are back, and the songs go back to the pre-editted order too.  Is there a work-around for that??

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Dwoodard67. 👋

Sorry for the trouble with your playlists. To keep things tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Songs Reappear After Being Deleted from a Playlist

Could you share the following details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Workaround: If you have access to a computer, I would recommend trying to make these changes to your playlist on web as they will carry over to your mobile device.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know about the device details. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Dwoodard67
Local Performer

I have a Samsung S20+5G (G986U)

I have Verizon

My Android version is 13

My Pandora version is 2310.1

Hope that helps.

I will try going online through my computer to see if that works 

Encsurfer
Opening Act

I am about to lose my lid!!! I have reached out now maybe a dozen times to try to fix an issue where I'm trying to delete a song that's playing off of a playlist, somebody reach out to me holy s*** you people are completely worthless, how do you get to the point your company believes it's anything when you can't handle the simple things that give your company any bit of worth, for the love of God please reach out to me

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Encsurfer. 👋

Thanks for your reporting your experience. I understand how this can be frustrating when you've attempted to remove a song. In the meantime, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Songs Reappear After Being Deleted from a Playlist

I'd like to report this over to our engineering team.

Could you share the following details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Workaround: If you have access to a computer, I would recommend trying to make these changes to your playlist on web as they will carry over to your mobile device.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos