cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Turning Off / Exiting the App

Justdab
Underground

Pandora turned on in the middle of the night even though left on pause. Is there a definitive method to disarm so it's not draining the battery in the background?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies

Stask
Underground

clearing the cache seems to have toned down the battery usage from the 50-80% that it was, the app however still uses 20% over the course of 8 hours while paused which is 10x more than any other app. 

Galaxy S10

Verizon

Android Version 12

Pandora version 2205.1.1 (Android_Tuner 22051108)

Wifi

Seemingly at random the app will begin playing again without any interaction from me. I keep my phone on vibrate at work and won't notice for a while. However this has not been the case recently and the app is just taking a large portion of battery while paused and sitting in the background.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stask I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Stask
Underground

https://imgur.com/a/eIYglQh Forgot to charge the phone last night, here is how much Pandora used over the course of the battery. It was only used for 25 minutes during the drive to and from work. Played in the car automatically that morning, paused the entire day, resumed the song it paused on on the way home. So it wasn't playing songs erroneously it was just sitting there.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @Stask. I have added the screenshot you shared to the ticket open with our engineering team. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Sjwimer
Local Performer

All of a sudden Pandora will not shut down on my Android phone. The only thing I can do is force stop or uninstall to shut it off.

bcslugs
Local Performer

With all these issues the admin's best solution is to pause the song. Listen pandora, this is a widespread problem. Just offer a fix or we will drop the app. 

ASTILES13
Local Performer

I've tried closing all apps, but it persists in the background. Now what?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @ASTILES13 👋

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look. In the meantime, for this trace to be helpful, please complete our Android Troubleshooting steps as this might also help with this issue.

In addition, I can report your issue over to our engineering team. It's helpful to know the following about your device:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

ASTILES13
Local Performer
II've cleared the data.

version: 13
pandora version: 2212.1
connected to wi-fi.
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks @ASTILES13, I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

0 Kudos

PandOFF
Local Performer

I got a better solution. Uninstall it. It's obvious it hasn't been programmed properly. When one has to jump through so many hoops to turn off a program, when it should be a simpler task, it renders it useless, in my opinion. Google should make sure the **ahem** they peddle works fine before launching it!  

0 Kudos

Cappylarou
Underground

Pressing pause and exiting the app doesn't actually close the app. How do we actually stop the app without having to go into our settings and for stop your app? You're on the verge of losing a 10 plus year customer if you cannot resolve this

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Cappylarou 👋

Thanks for dropping in and sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

To fully close out the app, please check out our accepted solution to view the steps on how to exit the Pandora app.

In addition, I recommend performing some basic troubleshooting steps for on your Android device.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Also, if you have any offline content downloaded, you would need to re-download that content.

Hope this was helpful, let me know if this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

Statistic68
Underground

This is utterly ridiculous.  Any other app on my Android phone closes down and stops if i say "close all apps" but not this one.  I have to go through menu's to get to my apps list, find it, then "force it to stop".  How dumb is that.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Statistic68. 👋

Thanks for your post.

You should be able to close the Pandora app using these steps for your Android device: Find, open & close apps on Android

If you're unable to perform those steps, would you mind providing more details?

Is the app closed but running in the background?

Could you also provide your device details?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Statistic68
Underground

Verizon

Galaxy S21+ 5G

SM-G996U

version 2303.1

This isn't rocket science though.  I open and close other apps all of the time.  Before I close my phone, i hit the 3 vertical lines at the bottom left of the phone and select "close all" to make sure nothing is running when i'm done with my phone.  Guess what doesn't actually close unless i go in to setting and say "force stop"?  when i swipe down from the top after close all, it shows pandora paused on the last song I was playing.  Close all should shut down Pandora.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @Statistic68. Your feedback is much appreciated. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🤝

0 Kudos

bcslugs
Local Performer
Wow, i never would have thought to do that... guess you learn something new
everyday.

Guess what actually works better, cancelling the service altigether because
your tip, which was offered by others at Pandora over the course of several
weeks of patience with them, because who doesnt like paying for a service
that doesnt work, didn't do what you beleive it does. Yea i went to
spotify, easier to use, no technical issues.

If i ever run into this problem with another app i will find your tip and
try it.
0 Kudos

Cappylarou
Underground

Everything you suggested I tried so many times it's not even funny. You all need to seriously fix the problem with your app because this is ridiculous. This is not the only problem with your app but it is a big one

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cappylarou I definitely understand your frustration.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

0 Kudos