cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Download Offline Station with Premium

Jenn27
Underground

I'm a premium account holder. I'm not sure what happened,  but I no longer have any offline music available.  I try to download my favorite station and while it says it's been downloaded,  the download list is still empty. Think maybe one of the last updates messed that up. 

How do I fix it?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Jenn27. 👋

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

• If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.
  • If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.
  • Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

Let me know how if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jenn27
Underground

I have like 70 gigs available. I noticed this happened after having to change my password.  I'll try again, though. 

laidbackoh
Local Performer

I upgraded to Premium, I can download individual songs, but not stations. Please fix this. I mean I have an S10 with Android 11. This is a pretty standard setup.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @laidbackoh. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Unable to Download Offline Station with Premium

What happens when you attempt to download a station for Offline Listening?

In the meantime, please check out my message about offline mode with Premium here.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

laidbackoh
Local Performer

I just get the circle with 2 arrows and the stations never downloads. I can download individual albums and songs, but I am much more interested in getting the variety stations provide, not to listen to particular albums, I can do that with my 20 year old MP3 player all day long.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @laidbackoh. 👋

Thanks for the follow up, and I completely understand. Based on your message, it sounds like this isn't storage related. Something to note, Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as much content as we can before we hit that limit.

Could you try downloading a single station versus multiple stations at one time? 

Let me know how that goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

laidbackoh
Local Performer

I have 100gb free, so that isn't it

0 Kudos

laidbackoh
Local Performer

I tried updating to premium to see if that would fix the same issue as otis, I can download individual songs but not stations still. s10 android 11. All I want to do is download my stations so I can listen to them on an airplane. I have had three trips now I couldn't do that.

0 Kudos

Otisw
Underground

There appears to be a lock on the number of devices allowed to download offline that is causing this issue based on an iPad message that gives you the ability to decommission another device on the account.  Without a message on Android stating this is the reason for not being able to download, or having a method on Android to disable another device, this problem will persist indefinitely until either the android code is changed to allow substitution of another device for this one, or an admin clears the count of devices on a given account.  Pandora support finally alluded to the fact they know about this and are working on a solution.

warrwirr
Underground

Galaxy S22 Ultra: download of certain stations for offline usage impossible (Pandora Premium)

Maybe a luxury problem, but annoying nonetheless:
Although I followed your recommendations (enough disk space, offline toggle, wifi/cellular toggle, restart the device) there is no success downloading 5 other stations on top of the 23 already there.

What can be the limiting factor?

Perhaps my participitation in Samsung's beta OS program may cause the fault?  

To my surprise I found out: Some stations download instantly, while others remain totally passive for days. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @warrwirr. 👋

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help with downloading your stations for offline listening.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Galaxy S22 Ultra
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • Could you provide an example of a station that downloads normally? Also, could you share a station name that you noticed remains passive and never downloads?

Let me know and I can share this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

laidbackoh
Local Performer

I have this same issue. Any station with comedy in it won't download, same with downloading individual comedy items. Due to copywrite law or something. So if your station contains stuff that can't be downloaded individually, the entire station won't even start to download in my experience.

0 Kudos

mrriceguyrj
Local Performer

I'm in the same boat. Got a new phone, can download music stations, but the comedy stations get stuck on circle arrows for eternity. My old phone could download no issue at all. Ive cleared cache and data, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, etc. At some point I need help getting this resolved. The two stations stuck (today's comedy, raw comedy) 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mrriceguyrj I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

warrwirr
Underground

Hello Alyssa,

though having answered immediately (11th of August) I used a wrong address. So I repeat:

Thanks for your quick reply. Here are my answers - you may share everything:

- Carrier: O2 (but this should not be important, because Wi-Fi is the main medium)
- Android version: 13
- Pandora Version: 2205.1.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 22051108)
- Wi-Fi

- Last night all stations vanished except those which were already there before changing the OS to beta (playlists PAN-A, PAN-B, PAN-C, Chill12.10.21 and stations Melodiös: Suzanne Teng Radio, Klassik: Barry Tuckwell Radio, Thumbprint Radio, Harfe: Aine Minogue Radio). This morning I reloaded most of the others - rather rapidly (Klassik: MIX, Mittelalter: MIX, Harfe: Lisa Lynne Radio, Mittelalter: John Renbourn Group Radio, Klassik: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Radio, Melodiös: Angels of Venice Radio, Mittelalter: Mediaevel Baebes Radio, Folk: MIX, Academy of St. Martin-in-the-fields Radio, Melodiös: John Doan Radio, Folk: Eva Cassidy, Melodiös: Karen Marie Garrett Radio, Mittelalter: John Renbourn Radio, Melodiös: Adagio Radio, Classical Radio, Celtic: David Arkenstone Radio).

- Frauen: Niamh Parsons Radio, Frauen: Dolores Keane Radio, Estampie - Münchner Ensemble Für Frühe Musik, Melodiös: Anugama Radio - these stations sometimes are downloading, sometimes not

- no download at all up to now: Klassik - Trompete: Alison Balsom Radio, Classical Relaxation Radio, Klassik: Trompetenkonzerte, Baroque Radio, Klassik - Trompete: Classic Concerto in D ...., Anden: MIX, Anden-Musik Radio

Thanks a lot for your efforts in advance.

Best regards

Hans-Peter

mod edit: removed personal information
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@warrwirr It looks like you are still using an older version of the Pandora app.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues, please follow up with:

• Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):

Thanks again for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

warrwirr
Underground
Hello Adam or colleagues,

here is my report, after having followed all your instructions (given in the link).

Pandora app version: 2208.2

The procedure to reinstall everything took pretty a long time, mainly due to 5 huge playlists.

My Thumbs Up, Chill12.10.21, PAN-A, PAN-B, PAN-C are now completely downloaded again.

But regarding the downloaded stations there the formerly described issue is persisting.

Noticeable: 3 stations (Melodiös: Suzanne Teng Radio, Thumbprint Radio, Harfe: Aine Minogue Radio) downloaded without choosing them.

The following downloaded after manual choice:

• Celtic: David Arkenstone Radio
  • Mittelater:: Mediaeval Babes
  • Baroque Radio *)
  • Melodiös: Angels of Venice Radio
  • Melodiös: Karen Marie Garrett Radio
  • Harfe I Radio
  • Harfe II Radio
  • Melodiös: Adagio Radio
  • Classical Relaxation Radio
  • Melodiös: Tingstad & Rumbel Radio
  • Melodiös: John Doan Radio
  • Melodiös: Anugama Radio
  • Mittelalter: John Renbourn Group Radio
  • Mittelalter: MIX *)
  • Mittelalter: John Renbourn Radio *)
  • Harfe: Lisa Lynne Radio

*) These stations now are working but were blocked some months ago.

No chance to download even after several trials:

• Anden: MIX **)
  • Klassik: Barry Tuckwell Radio ***)
  • Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields ***)
  • Klassik - Trompete: Alison Balsom **)
  • Anden-Musik Radio **)
  • Klassik: MIX **)

**) These stations constantly do not work as before.

***) These stations worked some months ago.

Now I'm very curious to see what you found out with your tracer.

Best regards

Hans-Peter

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply, @warrwirr. I've gone ahead and shared this with the appropriate party on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

warrwirr
Underground

Amelioration from my point of view:

- station "Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields" was completely downloaded in the meantime

- I discovered some stations (although still missing on the smartphone) within Android Auto: "Anden: MIX" and "Klassik: Barry Tuckwell Radio"

What is the result of your tracing experiment (announced 09-17-2022 06:36 AM) and opinion of the appropriate party (announced 09-19-2022 12:32 PM) ???

0 Kudos