cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: "Message from Pandora..."

Maintenanceman
Underground

What's up with "message from Pandora" like recapping stuff about the history of the band/song? If I wanted this I'd listen to the radio! If it continues on my premium account I'll find another service to use!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Maintenanceman @TheWoodser. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience and for sharing those details. I was able to take a deeper look at your stations to determine what you were noticing during your listening sessions. 

Audio messages may play when listening in a curated mode, such as an artist pop-up mode or “Hottest Hits” mode on Today’s Hits radio. In this case, it looks like you may have been in Classic Rock Stories mode which is leading to the historical recap you're hearing.

If you’d like to avoid these messages, you’ll want to listen in My Station mode or create a new station using an artist or song that you find best represents a particular genre. 

I hope this helps to explain. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Maintenanceman. 👋

Thanks for posting on the community about this.

Could you share a bit more detail about what you're noticing?

• Are you hearing this when you listen to one of your stations?
  • If so, which station do you notice this happening with?

Let me know and I can take a deeper look at your account once I have more info.

Look forward to hearing back! 🎧

TheWoodser
Local Performer

I am having this same issue.  It started a few days ago, but this is the first time I have had to troubleshoot.

Searching the internet gave me setting to shut off "Messages from Artists" however mine is off and I am still getting these "Messages from Pandora."   For some reason, these do not play in "Offline Mode"

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @TheWoodser. 👋

Thanks for confirming those details. It sounds like you may be listening to a station with pop-up station modes.

Could you provide the station name you've noticed this "Message with Pandora"?

I'd like to take a deeper look. 🎧

0 Kudos

Maintenanceman
Underground

https://pandora.app.link/CYqCsoF40tb 

This is the station it does it to me on. Classic Rock Station link to it is above.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Maintenanceman @TheWoodser. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience and for sharing those details. I was able to take a deeper look at your stations to determine what you were noticing during your listening sessions. 

Audio messages may play when listening in a curated mode, such as an artist pop-up mode or “Hottest Hits” mode on Today’s Hits radio. In this case, it looks like you may have been in Classic Rock Stories mode which is leading to the historical recap you're hearing.

If you’d like to avoid these messages, you’ll want to listen in My Station mode or create a new station using an artist or song that you find best represents a particular genre. 

I hope this helps to explain. 🎧

0 Kudos

Maintenanceman
Underground

Thank you that does help. I deleted all curated mode stations from my collection and also started a couple stations based off some of my favorites. Side note, if you get ahold of a developer's ear tell them a "turn off curated mode" option would be very appreciated!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your reply, @Maintenanceman. This is very helpful feedback and I appreciate you sticking with me to figure that out. 

In the meantime, there is an existing feature suggestion that you can upvote here: Option to remove Curated Modes from Station

• To upvote an idea, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the request to express your interest in seeing that option implemented.
  • To learn more about how feature requests work on the community, check out our: Pandora Community Policy + FAQs

We appreciate you being a part of the Pandora Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

mecheng1
Underground

How do I eliminate podcasts automatically starting up on my Pandora.  Sufficiently annoying to cancel my subscription. 

I never asked for this!

The straw that broke the camel's back.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mecheng1. 👋

I've taken a deeper look at your Pandora account to better understand what is happening. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing that you have any podcasts associated with your account. However, I do believe I was able to determine what is happening.

Could you confirm whether you notice this issue when you're listening to your Classic Rock Radio station? If so, are you in Classic Rock Stories mode?

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 9.24.13 AM.png

This mode shares stories from Classic Rock artists and does have speaking that could sound like a podcast. I also have this thread where other listeners have mentioned a similar experience: Android: "Message from Pandora..."

Let me know as I believe this mode may be what you're hearing. 🎧

0 Kudos

mecheng1
Underground

How would I check for classic rock music stories mode?  I never had it before last week or so.  I didn't change anything.

I am now also getting David Fricke prefacing all of my upcoming music tracks talking about the color of Fleetwood Mac's Buckingham's underwear and similar nonsense.  This is before I can hear the track.  What Pandora Engineer genuis came up with another way to p/~~ off your customers.

Screenshot_20221026-184523_Pandora.jpg

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply and for sharing that screenshot, @mecheng1. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as I do believe you're encountering that curated mode: Android: "Message from Pandora..."

If you’d like to avoid these messages, you’ll want to listen in My Station mode or create a new station using an artist or song that you find best represents a particular genre. 🎧

0 Kudos