cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: "We've encountered an unexpected error."

TheTubaSteve
Underground

Any time I select any song, playlist, or podcast, I receive the error message above. I have a premium account, and this only happens on my phone. Using a Samsung Note 20Ultra. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app, force stop it in the app manager, log out and back in, reset my phone multiple times and nothing has fixed the issue. As stated above, I am still able to access and use my account via my PC or xbox, this issue is only happening on my phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just checking in, are you @TheTubaSteve @Chy74  still experiencing this issue today? Our engineering team believe this may be fixed. Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @TheTubaSteve. 👋

Sorry that you're receiving this error message when you attempt to listen from your Samsung Note device. Did you get a chance to try clearing the app data too? 

If not, could you try out these steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account?

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

++

Device Details:

I'd also like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?
  • Wireless Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes. Thanks again for reporting this. 🎧
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Chy74
Local Performer

I am also getting this error on the bobby bones podcast and only for the newer podcasts January 1 on. I have a Samsung S20 fe through AT and T. I cleared my app data and cache and it still won't work. 

0 Kudos

TheTubaSteve
Underground

Hey Alyssa,

I just attempted clearing the data and that still hasn't fixed the issue. 

For the info you were asking about:

Verizon

Android 11

Pandora Version 2112.1

I am having the issue when connected to either wifi or mobile data

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @TheTubaSteve @Chy74. I've reported this over to our engineering team. 

@TheTubaSteve Do you have any specific podcasts you've noticed this with?

Thanks again for reporting. 🎧

0 Kudos

TheTubaSteve
Underground

The two main ones I listen to are "Stuff You Should Know" and "The Friendship Onion"

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've created an internal ticket with our engineering team so that they can investigate this further, @TheTubaSteve. Thanks for the info! We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just checking in, are you @TheTubaSteve @Chy74  still experiencing this issue today? Our engineering team believe this may be fixed. Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

TheTubaSteve
Underground

Hey Alyssa,

Looks like everything is working now. Thanks for the help!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up, @TheTubaSteve.

Enjoy the tunes. 🎶

0 Kudos

clawrence22
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora 

I am still having the error described. Nothing happens except a pop up and only happens when looking at the song screen

Music keeps playing nothing crashes just the pop up. 

Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing. 

I have done all steps mentioned here in terms of clearing data and cache and reinstalled.

Device info

Pixel 6

Android 12

Pandora ver : 2203.1

Screenshot_20220429-153806.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @clawrence22. 👋

Thanks so much for posting the screenshot and for providing those details. I'm sorry to hear that this error message is popping up. 

I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. Thank you for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Cory901
Local Performer

I'm experiencing this issue and have tried everything.  I have a galaxy s22.   I've stopped using Pandora on my pone due to this unending annoyance.  Unbelievable that this hasn't been corrected after literally years.

0 Kudos