cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Version 2006.1 Crashes Upon Start

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

Latest Android app crashes upon start, ad infinitum. Where to find legacy app versions?

Also did a full system reset, fyi.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @scQue814. 👋

Sorry to hear that the app is crashing when launching it. I moved your post over to the Android section to keep the community space organized.

The minimum specifications for Android devices can be found in this thread: Android Minimum Specs

++

Troubleshooting:

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

If you still have trouble after running through the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps, please provide the following details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? Are there any error messages?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

Let's start with the problem that your prescribed replies to questions to not fit the reality of my experience.  Next, I cannot access Pandora Community unless I follow an email link.  And I must already be logged into the online site for the link to connect me properly. THIS IS WHAT WE CALL GLITCHY.  And this sort of behavior is RAMPANT across the platform.  If Pandora is trying to sell a product, it cannot be glitchy!  Do  you guys not beta-test software before making them go live?   Every "improvement" you make seems to undermine the overall functionality for the user. 

Don't introduce more perks until your programmers know how all the code is interconnected. Next, the very information you requested (next pane) nearly takes up the 500-character limit! Character limits are childish nonsense. Stop treating your customers this way. To answer your initial question:  yes, Pandora sometimes works. But sometimes it doesn't.  HOW ABOUT STARTING with why it does not launch CONSISTENTLY in Google's Alarm Clock in Android 9?  That seems like a really simple, straightforward goal.

• Model: Blackview BV5900
  • Carrier: Cricket Mobile (AT&T network)
  • Android version: 9
  • Build number: BV5900_S598BG_v1.0_20200312v9
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device: ???
  • Pandora version: 2006.1

Btw, seems to work pretty well in Android 7.  As do most apps.  Which further reinforces my opinion that we should all go back to Android 7 or 5 or 3 before "moving forward".  

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, and for sharing your feedback, @scQue814.

I'll be sure to report this over to the appropriate party. App version 2006.2 should be released for Android users soon. Feel free to keep an eye out for that release so that you can update the app once it's available. 

Appreciate your patience while the engineering team looks into this. 🛠

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

MusicFan0061
Opening Act

This was exactly why I didn't upgrade my cell phone app, and my tablet automatically upgraded itself. Guess which one is having more problems now. I agree that there really needs to be a reversion option.