cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashing at Launch

jettj97
Underground

For some reason whenever I go to launch my Pandora it instantly closes and I can't log on it. I pay for Pandora premium too and if I can't get it to work I'll probably cancel it. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it twice and tried restarting my phone but nothing has worked. Anyone have any ideas?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear that @jettj97 

Have you tried clearing the app data? If not, I'd recommend giving it a try to see if it will help. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps

*Please Note: Pandora Premium listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. 

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know if the app is still crashing at launch

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jettj97
Underground

I just tried this and nothing changed and app is still crashing as soon as I open it.

TannerPandora

Okay, darn. @jettj97 

Can you let me know the Pandora version you're on. Since you can't open the app, you should be able to use the following steps to find it. 

from Android Home screen> Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jettj97
Underground

Yes, I am on version 2004.2.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @jettj97 . You're on the latest version. I'd like to go ahead and report this to our engineers. 

Can you send over some info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jettj97
Underground

Yes, it's a Samsung Galaxy s8, build number ppr1.180610.011.g950usqs7dtb3, and all it says for security patch level is March 1st 2020.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @jettj97 for the info. I've passed this along to our engineers to investigate what is happening. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 👍🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

subiboost
Local Performer

i am also having the same issue as of this morning, i have used pandora everyday for years. updated to android version 11 about 2 weeks ago have not had one issue till this morning.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @subiboost! Sorry to hear this!

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps from my post above? If not, would you mind giving them a try?

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

When you log back in, let me know if Pandora is still crashing.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

subiboost
Local Performer

application will not load at all even after full data wipe and fresh application install, ill send a report into the android beta team to see if they can check into the issue. thanks for the quick reply you guys are great !!! ill be in touch if android is not the issue 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sounds good @subiboost!

Do you get any error messages or nothing happens and the app closes?

Can you send over some details about your device. I'm going to create a report in the meantime. 

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Sinceyou can't open Pandora you should be able to use these steps to find the version: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

subiboost
Local Performer

When i click on the application it will load up the Pandora screen, then right back to home screen followed by a crash message for Pandora. The crash message closes it self so fast i cannot click on the info tab. 

Thank you for the help 

• Model: Google Pixel 4xl
  • Android version: 11
  • Build number: RPB2.200611.009
  • Android Security Patch Level: July 5,2020
  • Pandora version: 2007.1
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the dets! 

We are aware of a crashing issue that I believe is similar to what you're experiencing.

I've created my report, added your info and I'm passing this over to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Sorry for the trouble with this! Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jillys110580
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on my Pixel XL 4. Where can i sent my information to?  I am on day 5 of no pandora premium. I click on the app, I get the black screen of it loading, then it closes. I then get 2 or 3 pop ups saying Pandora isnt responding, close, ok and send feedback are my options. I have been doing this for 5 days now. I am running version 2007.1, there have not been updates.  I also am experiencing issues loading Pandora on Android Auto. When I select it, the loading circle just spins and spins. I have cleared the cache from the app, but not cleared the storage. I just got scared that all my playlists would go away. 

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jillys110580. 👋

I edited your original post to include your second post above on this thread: App Crashing at Launch

I'm sorry for the continued trouble. I completely understand how frustrating this is. 

You can also try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you. This means your collection, playlists, stations, podcasts, and thumb feedback will remain intact. However, you may need to re-download your offline content after performing those steps.

++

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and device information. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and reported this issue over to our engineering team. They are aware of the app crashing for some Pixel users.

Appreciate your patience while they work on this! 🛠

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos