cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic download of playlists

Alchron
On the Rise

I have noticed that if I want a playlist to refresh that I have to go into the playlist and wait for it to start itself, is there a way to where they can automatically start the download so if I want them to go during the night they can be ready by the morning for example?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Alchron. 👋

As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

++

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you keeping the Pandora app in the foreground when you begin the download process?
  • By "refresh" -- is this a playlist you've edited and you're re-downloading?

If you could provide a few more details, I'd be happy to follow up with you.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Alchron
On the Rise

Its for playlists that are already downloaded and these are the curated ones such as "My Happy Soundtrack" or "My Focus Soundtrack" and its when they need to be refreshed which is usually weekly.  This isn't for playlists that I've created but the ones that automatically update themselves, its seems that in order for them to start their downloads they have to be selected for the application to start the refresh instead of doing them in the background.  Let me know if you need anything else from me or if you need me to clarify it more.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Alchron I've been chatting with some engineers about this. Can you let me know the device? Is this on your Android?

And just to be clear, you've collected these soundtracks ("My Happy Soundtrack"/My Focus Sountrack") in My Collection?

Or do you mean you've downloaded for Offline Listening, and the soundtracks aren't updating in offline?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Alchron
On the Rise

Downloaded for offline would be more like it, but even then these soundtracks will only update themselves if I just open one of them on my android to see the tracks.  I do drive a bunch for work and I do hit lots of dead areas with no service so it helps if these soundtracks or radio stations can update themselves when there is service.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @Alchron. So they are only updating when you open the playlist in your collection. I'll pass this along, as offline listening and the weekly updated soundtracks can be separate issues. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos