cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffers over 4G, plays on WiFi

cjabates
Local Performer

I have an S10 that I was quite happy with Pandora on up until two days ago, when it stopped playing music in the car. All it does when using cellular data (AT&T) is buffer. If it's connected to a WiFi, it plays just fine.  I've gone through the Android troubleshooting steps as well as removed and reinstalled from Google Play, giving it all the permissions it wants.  It will not play any music, but pulls down the lyrics, album cover, etc.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @cjabates - sorry to hear this. 

I've asked our User Support to enable a trace on your account so we can better understand what is happening. 

Would you mind going through the troubleshooting steps one more time while the trace is enabled?

Also, I would recommend lowering your audio quality to see if that will help.

To do this:

• Open your Pandora app, go to Profile and select the Settings gear.

• Select Advanced and then uncheck Higher Quality Audio.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

aniyah1hkm
Local Performer

helpfull

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aniyah1hkm Glad to hear those steps worked out for you. 😄

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

0 Kudos

cjabates
Local Performer

This is still happening on my phone- but only with this account.  I had my wife log in and it streamed just fine over cellular data using her account.  When I logged in again, it continued to do nothing but "buffer" the song and change the album art.

I've rebooted my phone, cleared data, removed battery optimization, deselected high-quality audio, and uninstalled/reinstalled in various orders, but nothing works.

Short of saying good-bye, there's nothing left for me to do for that account, because if I can't stream when I'm away from home, what's the point? I apparently can't even follow my account because the search function says it can't find my email, so I can't use a different account to stream my stations.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @cjabates. 👋

I'm very sorry for the continued trouble. 

Our User Support team made a small change to your Pandora account. Let's also go ahead, and try some troubleshooting to see if we can fix that.

Please try the following steps from your Android mobile phone:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Tap on Network & Internet, then tap Data Usage off and back on.
  • Finally, confirm Mobile Data is toggled on.

Let me know if this helps. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Cole1
Local Performer

none of those work. 

still buffers like crazy and wont load when u start the app up on cellular data for android

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Cole1. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to Pandora on your Android device. I understand how frustrating this can be.

Are you encountering any error messages (other than buffering) when this happens?

Also, have you tried running through the standard troubleshooting steps yet? If not, I would recommend trying those out first. You can find the steps here: Android Troubleshooting

++

If you continue to have trouble with this, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos