cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content is removed from Recently Played list

T_Jaboi
Local Performer

As I play songs in my recently played they're removing themselves from my recently played. It brings back a song at the end of the list, and if I want to play them again I have to search them up. Anyone else having this problem?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 12/06/20: 

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

We believe this issue has been resolved with the latest released app version.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Please reply back to this thread if you continue to run into trouble after updating. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @T_Jaboi! Thanks for posting. 

I haven't heard other reports of this. Just to make sure I understand your problem correctly; the content that displays in your recently played queue are disappearing automatically. Is that right?

Can you tell me a little more about the device this happens on?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

T_Jaboi
Local Performer

Hey Tanner,

Im using the app, through a Samsung galaxy s9. Carried by sprint.

Screenshot_20201107-124613_Pandora.jpg

 This screenshot was taken first, and when I select my indie electronic playlist 

Screenshot_20201107-124634_Pandora.jpg

 It removes itself from my recently listened too, and brings back a song from my history at the other end.

Thank you for your time, and let me know if you need anything else 

0 Kudos

chrisireton98
Local Performer

I have been having the same thing happen, the songs playing remove themselves from recently played and the end of the list adds an older song.

Samsung Galaxy S20

0 Kudos

Agriyon
Local Performer

I've been having the same issue recently. I'm using Pandora on an LG X charge. Anything selected from recently played will disappear and replace itself with whatever was previously on recently played. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and still have the issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to report this, @T_Jaboi.

I have created a ticket for this issue so that our engineers can further investigate.

Please keep an eye on this thread as I will provide an update here for you when we receive more information from them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chrisireton98 Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

I have added your feedback to the ticket I created as well.

Thanks for your patience as our engineers further investigate. 🔎

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Agriyon I have passed your information along to the engineers who are currently looking into this.

Thanks for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@T_Jaboi Our engineers have requested we confirm what app version you currently have installed on your device.

To find the Pandora version:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know what you find out. 

0 Kudos

T_Jaboi
Local Performer

My Pandora is in version 2010.1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @T_Jaboi.

I have passed this information along to the engineers who are looking into this. 

Thanks again for all your patience! 

0 Kudos

Windsweptfarm1
Local Performer

I am also having a similar issue. The recently played banner does not display recently played songs. If you select any songs from the recently banner they are removed from the banner. If you play a song/station from recommended or by searching for it, they are not displayed in recently played. Also the app created a second "My Thumbs Up" Playlist on its own, filled with randomly selected songs. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Verizon Wireless. Version 2010.1. App is up to date, Uninstalled and reinstalled, problem persisted. Thanks

0 Kudos

Drod
Local Performer

Adam,

I am running into the same issue. I am also on an S9+ but with Verizon. I also keep getting "sorry, this playlist is no longer available"  and then kicks me back to the main screen. This is both random and when I like songs in specific albums or playlists. I have also lost more than half of my liked songs in my "my thumbs up" playlist. I have 4.8k thumbs but only 932 songs left in that playlist. I assume the 4.8k is both up and down but I know i have more than 932 likes. I have tried reinstalling and re logging in multiple times. Super frustrating. Thanks for your time.

Screenshot_20201205-204302_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-185838_Pandora.jpg

20201205_204540.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Windsweptfarm1 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

It sounds like you are running into a few different issues.

Content is removed from Recently Played list / Tracks not being added to Recently Played:

We have two separate tickets open with our engineers for these issues. 

I have added your information to both of those.

Keep an eye on this thread, as well as the Tracks not being added to Recently Played thread as this is where we will be posting all updates we receive from our engineering team.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Duplicate My Thumbs Up playlist:

Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 12/06/20: 

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

We believe this issue has been resolved with the latest released app version.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Please reply back to this thread if you continue to run into trouble after updating.