cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: This Station is Currently Not Available

Tahanus
Local Performer

I have one station that will not work everytime I choose it i get this station is not available message. Everything else works but this one station

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tahanus I'm happy to look into this.

What is the name of the station where that error message pops up on?

Can you confirm if that same error appears on any other stations you attempt to play?

Lastly, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message that pops up?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Tahanus
Local Performer
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tahanus Thanks for sending that over.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

Tahanus
Local Performer
  • Model: sampsung s10 plus
  • Carrier: sprint
  • Android version 10
  • Build number qp1a.190711.020.g975usqs4dtg1
  • Android Security Patch Level august 1 2020
  • Pandora version: 2008.1
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tahanus Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Grafy
Local Performer

I am having a similar issue with my Thumbprint radio. It works for a few songs then displays the same error. It happens faster if I skip songs. If I close the app in the background and come back later, it works for a little bit but then the same thing happens again. I have an iPhone 6s but I'm 90% sure it happens in the web browser of my computer too (I rarely use that). 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Grafy Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I've taken a look at your account, and I think you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your Thumbprint Radio station.

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 5.29.20 AM.png

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ceyanne
Local Performer

Was listening to this station for about an hour and then it stopped playing and this message popped up.  It cannot be due to too many thumbs down because I have not hit the thumbs up or down buttons at all.  I feel like I had issues with this station last year as well.  Phone is Galaxy S8+, using mobile data.Screenshot_20211211-204538_Pandora.jpg

Also got it on another Christmas station tonight.  Original station in question played 3 songs tonight and then I got the message again.

All I want to do is listen to some relaxing Christmas music! Every single station I'm trying plays about 3 songs and then I get the message. Have tried 4 stations now with the same result.

Screenshot_20211212-201616_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

Ser0
Local Performer

My station won't let me add two certain artist the left rights and euringer is there any particular reason? 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Thanks @Ser0  for notifying us about this!

I wasn't able to start a station from these two artists on my end. With that said, I have reported this feedback to our curation team so they can take a closer look and add the right credentials to create a station.

Thanks for working with us on this! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos