cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music skipping and collection doesn't fully load

JKD
Local Performer

I recently saw that I had reached this new "limit" thing people are talking about. I saw the add for my free trial and thought it would be a good time to sample what paying for Pandora would be like. I chose Pandora Plus and went through the whole process of adding a credit card and whatnot, but now when I try to play my music it is still saying that I am at my limit and asks if I want to start my free trial even though when I click on "free trial" it shows I have a 30 day free trial of Plus already... What the heck is going on?!!!

It's already annoying enough that I had/have to so often deal with the infinite skip glitch by logging out then back in, then do a new search, then close the app after it's loaded my collection list because only half of my collections actually load... and every time I do this the same glitch becomes more frequent, sometimes kicking in every 3-4 songs... It's stuff like this that makes people not want to buy your service (it makes it seem like getting unlimited data and using YouTube instead would be a better use of resources)...

Only Premium offers unlimited individual songs, Plus only offers unlimited stations and no adds.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JKD I took a look at your account and do see that you were able to switch over to a free trial to Pandora Premium through Google Play, so I believe your initial issue is now resolved.

That being said, I moved your post to the Android space since it sounds like you are running into additional issues streaming Pandora on that device.

Infinite skip glitch:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. To clarify, do you select a song to play, and instead of streaming smoothly, it just skips through the song until it is complete?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Half of your collection loading:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening with this as well?

1. After signing into the app, it sounds like only half of your stations are loading. Does the rest of your collection eventually appear after a minute or two? Or are you never able to get your full collection to load on your phone?
  2. Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

I appreciate all of your help with this!

0 Kudos

JKD
Local Performer

As it pertains to the limit and trial thing, yeah, I eventually figured out that only the Premium trial and account increase your limit to listening to different songs... The biggest thing I would say there is that your advertising between Plus and Premium needs to be clearer (because a lot of people don't get that from what's currently being advertised).

As it pertains to the skipping... I will start playing the "On Demand" song(s) that I like and then after a variable amount of time (sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 40 minutes) my music would stop playing, so then I would go to select one of my songs and select it... Now if it was a single song I selected (not from an album playlist, or other playlist) then it would simply stay on the same song but act like it was skipping tracks (kinda like it looks when a song is buffering, but there would be no "buffering" text), it would last only about a second then end up doing the exact same thing over and over (on playlists it would do the same but skip to the next song on the playlist as well)... after about 10 of these in a row it would stop loading songs (you could still select a song again, but same issue would endlessly repeat... you could close the app and reopen, but same issue)... strange as well is the fact that if this happened you couldn't just wait for your session to run out because it would just stay like that (collection showing, no ads, etc) as if it was stuck between the programming of premium sessions and an actual premium account... it was weird. The only thing I could do to fix it was to log out of Pandora and then back in (and eventually luck out at things working normally again... PS: It did seem that if I loaded it up and then closed the app and let my session run out the odds of it going back to normal increased)... Have not had this issue yet since starting the Premium trial, but that scared me away from signing on for quite a while (who wants to pay for a broken program)... so you should probably try to fix that if you can.

Lastly, the half my collection missing... I don't listen to the Pandora radio stations at all, my collection is exclusively singles. What would happen is that when I logged out of my account on the app I would log back in and start my session, then after the ad and my collection became visible again I saw that a random assortment of all my collected songs were missing for my collection (about half). At the time I had just collected songs and had not put any of them together into playlists and had probably about 50-100 different albums in my collection, putting them together into playlists seems to have fixed this (but I wonder if that'll keep working, or if when I have enough playlists if it'll come back in that form)... Closing the app then reopening it seemed to fix this without ending my session so it wasn't a big problem, but still a hassle and a bit of a scare at the time and turn off to investing further in the service (PS: I have also had some times where I logged back in to my Pandora app and after the add when my collection becomes viewable and then my whole collection is completely empty as of late... the only fix, log off of the app and then log back in again). Again, no trouble since starting the Premium trial so far... but again, something that can cost Pandora a lot of people if left unchecked.

Will for sure let you guys know if I have any issues during the trial (especially considering that as much as I want to support Pandora as a premium member I refuse to pay for broken product of any kind).

PS: I am willing to accept any problems that involve fixing by closing and reopening the app as a problem with my Android, but the logging off and back on my account with you guys is obviously a problem with your program/service... it seems like you guys just have a lot of program looping issues that keep things from loading properly (and blaming that on Androids is like Chrome blaming Android users for not being able to scroll websites that work perfectly fine with different browsers... keep in mind, both are Google... and if Google refuses to make compatibility improvements to their products for Androids then they're making a huge mistake that is gonna cost them many customers such as myself that have chosen to use their phones in place of computers... I'm more or less anti-technology and yet even I see that phones are and will continue to replace desktops and to a lesser extent laptops as time goes by... Long story short, fix the compatibility issues with Androids if Androids are being so significantly impacted by your programs.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JKD Thank you for following up with this information.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed on our help page as they should resolve the issues you are experiencing. 

If you continue to have trouble with music skipping, and your collection not automatically appearing when logging into your account on your phone, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let us know. 

0 Kudos