cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music stops play, no error message on Android

Sammyblommer
Local Performer

Music stops playing, no error message on Android.

Yes, I have tried:

1- Cleared data /clear cache in settings

2- Deleted the app and installed again

3- Checked if it was on the sleeping apps list -nope.

4- Hard restart on the phone itself

Still, the app will open, play 3-4 songs if I am lucky and then stop working.

I am about to use a different music player at this point. Totally frustrating as this has been happened for months.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ApolloCoio3
Local Performer

For an LG device, you can go to Settings > General > Battery > Power Saving Exclusions.  Then scroll down to Pandora and change the setting from Off to On. 

Keep in mind that this will consume more battery, but at least the app will work now.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Maxo
Local Performer

I have been having a problem on my Samsung Galaxy, it doesnt let me play songs

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Maxo! Thanks for posting to community.

Since you're on a Samsung, I moved your post from our iOS board to our Android support board. This helps keeps things organized and if anyone else has a similar problem they can find the thread easier. 

Can you tell me a little more about what is happening when you try to listen on your Samsung? The more details you provide the better. 

For example:

• Does the play button not work or is greyed out?
  • Do songs skip through?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Sammyblommer. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. Based on your initial post, it sounds like the app is crashing during your listening sessions. Thanks so much for trying out the troubleshooting steps, and for letting me know.

If you're using a Samsung device:

This issue may be related to your "Sleeping Apps" setting, which can cause the app to stop / pause when it is backgrounded.

Please try out the following steps:

• You can access this setting in the Device Care menu.
  • Click on Battery, and then, click on More options.
  • Click on Settings > Sleeping Apps
  • From your Sleeping Apps, you should be able to long press Pandora.  Once you're able to view the App Usage for Pandora, you'll want to make sure that the put app to sleep button is toggled to the OFF setting.

++

If you still have trouble, I'd like to share your device info and experience with our engineering team. Would you mind providing the following details?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know as I'd like to report this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ApolloCoio3
Local Performer

For an LG device, you can go to Settings > General > Battery > Power Saving Exclusions.  Then scroll down to Pandora and change the setting from Off to On. 

Keep in mind that this will consume more battery, but at least the app will work now.

livin_hi_808
Local Performer

My phone: LG Tribute Monarch. Relatable to LG phones without SD CARDS such as mine.

This is not a PANDORA issue at all. From my experience on 3 different music apps as well as this one, has been more of a storage/low memory issue versus a power restriction issue. I've dealt with this issue for months, since the purchase of my device. I've done all of the same troubleshooting and it still happens. The music will stop, on occasion, when I've received notifications such as text messages or massages from other apps like using my browser or search bar and other apps. This is not a PANDORA issue at all.

Best advice, be diligent about clearing your caches, saving files that you want to keep in a cloud and deleting them off of your devices memory. Seriously, keep your gallery empty if you've already used what you needed then save and delete. This is just the factor and solution that seems to work for me. But do your phone backup and save it in Drive or another cloud first if you ever decide to HARD RESET your device, save your vids and pics in Photos or another cloud. Uninstall unused and seldom used apps. If this doesn't seem to help then Idk but wish you the best of luck. But there is no reason for you to reset your device. Just lower the amount of storage being used. 

I've gone through all troubleshooting and the issue has best worked with clear storage.