cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 3/31/21: "Waiting for Connection" Error Update 2012.1

ErinGoBrag2010
Underground

Good Morning,

I have switched to a new phone and when I try to open the Pandora app it is unable to connect whether I'm on Wifi or 5G data.

Model: OnePlus Nord N10 5G

Carrier: T-Mobile

Android Version 10

Build Number: Oxygen OS 10.5.9.BE86AA

Pandora Version: 2012.1

Labels (1)
57 Replies

alannyny
Underground
0 Kudos

CrashCat
Local Performer

Android version 2101.1 here. I get Waiting for connection on all Android devices, all of which can connect fine to the web site version in Chrome. All give the error even after removing all data from the app. Also able to run Pandora on Echo devices and Roku devices on the same network with zero issues. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @CrashCat. 👋

We have an internal ticket with our engineers for this issue. Could you share more details so I can provide this info to them?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

valo
Local Performer

I have this same error on the Oneplus Nord n10

Model: BE2026

Carrier: AT&T

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 10

Build number (Settings > About Phone): Oxygen OS 10.5.11.BE86AA

Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): 2021-02-05

Pandora version: version 2101.1

After putting in a support ticket, engineers seem to be aware of this issue but there's no timeline for a fix. I suppose it just goes to show not all Android phones created equal. Sure, we could say Pandora app development has an issue and also what about Oneplus's end? Pandora is pretty mainstream app, I've had it working on every single phone I've owned since Windows phone back in 2013.

SchnookJCrook
Local Performer

Having the same issues. 

Carrier t mobile 

Screenshot_20210305-160223.jpg

0 Kudos

Mad_Hatter
Local Performer

I just got a new phone (teracube e2). When I go to launch pandora I constantly get error code 3005, waiting for connection errors, and time out errors. I deleted the data cache, made sure that battery optimization was disabled, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. To no avail. The app is still inoperable. Help?

0 Kudos

F8TL1
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I've tried everything I could think of. New phone Ulefone armor 10 5g. Did you find a solution? I need help bad, as pandora just keeps telling me to wait. Wait for what? I'm so pissed. Oh and I pay for pandora...

0 Kudos

Gimedatmusicboi
Underground

Same issue, waiting for connection at startup

Oneplus Nord N10 5g

T-mobile (MintMobile)

Android 10  (Oxygen OS 10.5.11.BE86AA

App ver 2101.1

I've tried reinstalling app, clearing cache, wifi, 5g, with VPN, without VPN, etc.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank for you providing those details, @Gimedatmusicboi @SchnookJCrook.

I've shared this with our engineering team. Rest assured, they are aware of this issue and are working on it.

++

Hi, @Madhatter. 👋

Could you share the following so I can report this over to our engineers?

• Model: Teracube e2
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

++

In the meantime, we're now aware of this issue and looking into it. Any updates will be posted in this thread. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @F8TL1. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. I completely understand your frustration.

If you haven't already, I would also recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps.

Can you also send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Ulefone Armor 10
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

F8TL1
Local Performer

Phone-Ulefone

Model-Armor 10 5G

Carrier-Mint Mobile

Android version-10

Pandora version-2101.1

Cannot open app. It tries to load and then says "Waiting for connection. Try again?" I have tried all of the recommended troubleshooting steps and even uninstalled, reinstalled, and tried a couple older versions to see if they would work. Nothing works. I can access pandora through the browser however it **ahem** trying to use that on my phone. I want, need my pandora app to work. Music is life. And I'm always mobile. It's been a month and I can't use my app that I'm paying for. I need a solution. I really don't want to use another music service. 

0 Kudos

iap
Local Performer

Hi @AlyssaPandora 

I have run the trouble shooting process but is does not help.

Model: TCL T810S
Carrier: Tmobile
Android version (Settings > About Phone):11
Build number (Settings > About Phone):01
Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):March 1st,2021
Pandora version: 2101.1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Both Wifi and 4G have this issue.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @iap @F8TL1.

I've shared your device information with our engineering team. 🎧

0 Kudos

vanyra
Local Performer

I just switched to a new phone yesterday and having this waiting for connection issue as well and it fails asking to retry or cancel. Also sometimes a message pops up about error code 3005. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips, uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache/ data through app and phone settings, restarted phone multiple times, and at this point if the problem isn't fixed I'm cancelling my subscription. 

• Model: Oneplus Nord N10 5g
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Android version: 10
  • Pandora version: 2101.1

Pandora app still works fine on old phone LG G7 ThinQ.

0 Kudos

Gimedatmusicboi
Underground

Any updates? any way of getting account credit? I am paying for a service that I cannot use.

SmilingTexan
Local Performer

It finally works on my Nord N100, as of today - March 18th 2021. It previously did not, and behaved the way you describe. 

Gimedatmusicboi
Underground

Working now!

Oneplus nord n10 5g

Mint Mobile

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 3/31/21

Thank you for posting your experience. 

We believe that this issue should be resolved with the latest version of Pandora, 2102.1.1.  

As this is now resolved, I am closing this thread from further comments. If you experience this issue again in the future, please create a new post and reference this existing thread.

Thank you for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport