cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Que317. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry for any inconvenience it has caused. 

I moved your post over to this existing thread where we've been collecting reports in the Pandora Community: Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

You can find the recent status updates in the accepted solution. Our tech team is currently working on a fix to be released. Thanks for your patience and for reporting this. 🤝

*Please note: The Accepted as a Solution for this thread is meant to flag the current steps and/or status of this issue. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

Scrombomb
Local Performer

I wrote I was having the same issue and they deleted my response. Saying they known of the issue. I was just trying to be part of the community. Guess that's not allowed. Must be because I'm a fat, crippled white guy. Our opinions don't matter.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Scrombomb. 👋

Sorry for any confusion. We don't delete responses on the community. However, the moderation team has the ability to remove posts if they violate our Community Guidelines. We want to keep the community a welcoming place for all. 

Looks like your original post can be found here. 

In the meantime, we're aware of this issue and working on it. Your experience has been share with our tech team. Thank you for your patience and for reporting this issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

Mstorn2
Underground
I did the same, but the music played even when the app wasn't open. They
sent out an update today to fix the issue. Thanks!
0 Kudos

Nathan_
Local Performer

Same here...it only started this spontaneously launching in the past couple of months.

0 Kudos

Nathan_
Local Performer

I don't see an update. Is this avaialble in Google Play?

KraziLuv
Local Performer

I feel better I am not the only one having a problem. Is there an update on whats going on? Being waken up in the early mornings i.e. 2am to my pandora going off and scaring the ish out of me is crazy. But if I am playing Pandora it cuts off with no problems.

0 Kudos

MannyM868
Local Performer

Pandora starts playing when app is closed, it even woke me up in the middle of the night....I did not appreciate that. Keeps happening often, is this problem being resolved?

0 Kudos

Kendranicole75
Local Performer

This is the 5th time I've been abruptly awoken in the middle of the night! Pandora was off, I haven't used it in 15 hours, nor was I using my phone. I was dead asleep and woke up to my music blasting from my phone AGAIN. There's no setting to stop it. I've got nothing enabled that would allow it to do so. There is no setting that seems to stop it. 

This is unacceptable. I barely get sleep as it is. Thanks Pandora. 😠 

0 Kudos

Mstorn2
Underground
Yes, there is an update to fix the issue!! Yay! It scared me pretty bad the
first time since it was on Halloween music! lol
0 Kudos

Romant1cAnge1
Underground

I have the same issue where it sits on my notifications and doesn't let me get rid of it. I have to open the app and then close it to make it go away. 

0 Kudos

Romant1cAnge1
Underground

There is no "auto start" on my app, but I found one on my phone settings somewhere (after reading a other suggestion) and turned it down as there is no off option. Did that on 9/30/23 and so far so good. Waiting to see if that helped for my phone. 

Romant1cAnge1
Underground

What's the update? 

0 Kudos

Romant1cAnge1
Underground

I can't find mine either, was just trying to let them know my issue has been going on for 2yrs or more. 

0 Kudos

jfrey74
Local Performer

After being woken up for the third night in a row, I'm glad to know that this is a larger issue and not just me. Pandora, this is really bad uex. I have been a customer for 10+ and would hate to make a switch at this point.

Longhaultrucker
Underground

I have a S23, and I  had the same problem,  but now it's stopped. 

I went to pandora in my app settings,  and opened  notifications,

Set notifications on silent. This automatically shuts off pop ups. 

And when I go the lock screen,  to use the phone,  if I see that pandora is ready to launch, I switch that off that screen.

It's going on a month now. And pandora hasn't opened up once at night.

Give that a try. 

0 Kudos

Uobrims
Underground
However, putting my phone on silent puts my other aps like my alarm on silent at well.  This is not an option. 
0 Kudos

AkAk
Local Performer

Came looking for answers for the same problem. Over the last week it has gotten worse,  not better, as it has started playing on its own in the middle of the night. It starts playing every time I turn on my car,  and turning off auto start doesn't seem to help.  I don't want to uninstall Pandora, but I have to be able to control when it plays.  I ran into this same issue with Spotify a couple months ago and did delete that app. 

I have Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

On ATT

Version 13

Security patch sept 1 2023

0 Kudos

Mstorn2
Underground
They did Issue an update to hopefully resolve. Check your app store
0 Kudos

Mstorn2
Underground
You'll need to update your app as they did apply a fix