cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

Reedjf
Local Performer

Help!

I've been using the android app for a few years on a Samsung Tab A7 and also on a Pixel 6, and it just started auto-starting every time I reboot the device.  I've read through hundreds of community posts and tried all the switches, but can't find the solution.

I deleted data and cache, and maybe that solved the problem.  

Now, how do I delete this post?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

MusicFan4324
Local Performer

Same issues orhers reported. It starts playing randomly and starts anytime I reboot phone, even if I close all apps, and even if I force stop Pandora before reboot, it still plays in background.  

GALAXY s22, 

Verizon

Android 13

Pandora version 2308.1

hicks15m
Local Performer

an update happened on my andriod phone 2 days ago. now my pandora just starts playing after i have closed the app. any fix for this?

0 Kudos

ejfree2006
Local Performer

I am having the same issue!  I have deleted the app several times and reloaded it and it is still doing it!

• Your device model:  Samsung Galaxy S22+
  • Carrier: US Cellular
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308-1
  • The approximate date / time this occurred: Everytime I restart my phone!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Gman1975 @babytraytray. 👋

We all work together with email support. If you've already posted on this thread, your information has already been added to the same internal ticket with our engineering team.

They're aware of this issue and they're working on it diligently behind the scenes. At this time, there is no new information to share. However, I will continue to post status updates and add them to the solution so it's easily visible to all community friends running into this frustrating issue. We appreciate you being our eyes and ears as we navigate this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.17.24)

Bw24
Local Performer

Same as below horribly annoying.

Samsung galaxy A03s consumer cellular

Pandora Version 2308.1

Brandc30
Local Performer

Your device model:galaxy 22plus

Carrier:Tmobile

Android version (Settings > About Phone):13

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1

The approximate date / time this occurred : 9/ 16/23

GraceandPeace
Local Performer

Galaxy S20 Plus

SM-GG970U1

Version 2308.1 (Android Tuner 23081005)

9/19/2023 12:45pm EST

Senior2010hc
Local Performer

It seems if I have run pandora, and closed it when I was done, that it starts playing music about an hour later for no reason.   Then I have to open pandora and close it again for it to stop.. i have a galaxy flip 3.. and it did it to me on my old phone.. the s22 ultra

bmb
Local Performer

I am having to uninstall Pandora from my Android phone because of this issue.  I'm posting this and subscribing, so, hopefully, I'll see when it gets fixed.

0 Kudos

Bu11
Underground

This should not take a month to fix. Easy possiblew fix is to give us permission to be able to run in the background or not.

0 Kudos

lara8
Local Performer

This has been happening to me also & it started early September 2023 and has been occuring every night now in the middle of the night around 4am when my phone does it's daily automatic restart.  Once the phone restarts, Pandora automatically opens and starts playing and waking me up and/or draining the battery.  Will have to delete the app if this continues so that I can sleep through the night.  I do not have Pandora premium and have tried the troubleshooting steps to no avail.  Android S10e, Verizon, Android version 12, hardware version REV1.0, Pandora version 2308.1

0 Kudos

jmklahn01
Local Performer

I am also having this issue. Even when I stop it, it shows as still active in the background. I have turned off automatic start when connecting to vehicle but still opens app & is active. 

• Your device model: Samsung S23+
  • Carrier: US Cellular
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): Version 13
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1
  • The approximate date / time this occurred: Several months but worse in last couple weeks
0 Kudos

AngieLM2023
Local Performer

Omg I came looking for answers to this issue too and this cracked me up.

Samsung Galaxy S21 Phone

Verizon 

Pandora 2308.1 version

Pandora reopens itself even after closing out all apps and restarting phone.  

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Speedshark
Local Performer

Galaxy S21U, same problem. Anyone else notice that it's not Pandora? I uninstalled it but then Media Output kept starting the Samsung Music app. 

0 Kudos

blse59
Local Performer

In OneUI 5.1/Android 13 whenever I reboot the device and log-in, Pandora keeps automatically playing music. I don't see a place to disable this in settings. Is there a way to get this to stop?

0 Kudos

fisherka56a
Local Performer

I have already submitted my data. A UI system update occurred on my phone at 12:45 am MDT 9-20. The autoload problem persists. Uninstalled and reinstalled effect.

0 Kudos

loosewheelbob
Local Performer

I'm glad you're looking in to this. Pandora had launched on its own the last 2 nights between 10 and 1015. I noticed that the player on the lock screen indicated it was connected to my car, which was the last thing it was connected to but had been turned off and disconnected from my phone for 6 hours or more 

Samsung 21 att android version 13, Pandora 2308.1

0 Kudos

REMOVED
Local Performer

Removing app.    Taking to long to resolve.   I'll check back in 5 years 

0 Kudos

CJH20
Local Performer

I am also having this same exact issue on a Samsung Galaxy with T Mobile as my carrier. It started automatically playing 5 times yesterday without me ever having the app opened, including once I'm the middle of the night when I was sleeping. Congrats Pandora on losing me as a subscriber.

0 Kudos