cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover downloaded music

Dickard
Local Performer

Recently had problems with my app crashing the second I would open it, couldn't play any music. Had to delete app redownload and clear chace, finally got the app to work but now 90% of the music that I had save is gone only some music is still there. Is there any way I could back up or restore what I had save before I had the chrashing issue. 4 years of music GONE

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that, @Dickard.

I've checked in with our User Support team and someone will reach out to via email to offer further assistance with your missing tunes.

Thanks for your patience during this process! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

JordanKeoto
Opening Act
Im sure they reached out to you by now and informed you that you have to download every artist manually. The fact that there is no bulk download option for people that upgrade phones in actually insane.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JordanKeoto @Dickard Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after running through the troubleshooting steps. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline station, we can always help with this.

It sounds like you both may be interested in this existing feature request to restore downloads after reinstalling the app.

If you'd like to see this implemented, please upvote this idea by clicking on the ❤️icon. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Squid13
Local Performer

The same thing happened to my account. Can you help?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Squid13. 👋

Sorry to hear you're encountering this as well.

I would recommend checking out my message about this here. If you recently signed out of the app or tried troubleshooting steps (like clearing data) on your Android device, you may need to re-download your tunes individually.

++

It also looks like you may have recently initiated complimentary sessions of Premium while you're upgraded to Pandora Plus. Playlists and on-demand content is only available with Premium.

Could you tell me a bit more about what you're experiencing?

• Are you having trouble with your offline stations?
  • Or, are you having trouble with locating your playlists after the complimentary session of Premium?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jharris
Local Performer

I had to resubscribe to pandora premium, my Playlist's were there but im unable to re rownload most of my songs. Who can i get my songs to download again or be able to down load my Playlist's again?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Jharris

Nice to see you around the community. 👋

When you resubscribed to Premium, your collection and playback history should already be stored in our servers for when you returned to that subscription level.

If you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

++

Are you receiving any error messages when you attempt to download?

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

• Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.
  • If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process.
  • Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jharris
Local Performer

I would get a message saying I can't download a private Playlist, which I find off because it is my playlist. The songs I can't seem to re-download have blue arrows next to them instead of green.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jharris

Would you be able to share a screenshot of what you're seeing with the downloads?

In the meantime, can you cancel the download and try to re-download once more?

If this doesn't work, I would recommend clearing the app data. You can use the steps below to clear the data. 

Please note: Pandora Premium listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this.  

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Once you're logged in, try downloading your content once more. 

Let me know if you need help signing back in.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jsox3415
Local Performer

This exact same thing just happened to me and I have no clue what to do about it

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jsox3415. 👋

Sorry for any trouble this has caused. Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community!

Would you mind running through the steps in @TannerPandora's message here?

Let me know how it goes, and whether you continue to have trouble.

0 Kudos

kdmshort
Underground

how do I get my downloaded music back ? I got on today and only had 2 downloaded songs I've been paying for premium for a few years now and have none of my music I listen everyday 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kdmshort. 👋

Sorry for any trouble with your offline tunes.

Your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days. This means if you're in offline mode for longer than 30 days, you would need to re-download those tunes. 

++

Downloading your Tunes:

If you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

• If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.
  • If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 🎧

0 Kudos

kdmshort
Underground

is there any way to restore what I had ?

I have been downloading music for a couple years now

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kdmshort You should be able to redownload your tunes. 

Could you confirm whether you can still see those songs / albums in your collection and that they are available for download?

Or, are you saying that your collected tunes have disappeared and that you would need recollect them again?

If you're able to send over a screenshot, this would be helpful too. 

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

0 Kudos

kdmshort
Underground

I can see my collection but nothing is downloaded ....so u r telling me I have to go thru and manually re-download years worth of songs?thats literally going to take hours upon hours 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kdmshort Yes, you'll need to redownload. I've taken a look at your account and it appears that you may have signed back in on 12/29/2020.

When you sign out, reinstall the app, or you're in offline mode for over 30 days, it removes your offline content and resets the download process. In the meantime, I completely understand how inconvenient this must be.

We have a couple of existing feature request threads that you may be interested in upvoting:

To upvote feature requests, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion to express your interest in seeing an option implemented. For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

0 Kudos

kdmshort
Underground

so y can't u guys do this for me its ur guys fault I logged out bc of ur trouble shooting I just want my music back 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kdmshort Offline downloads are device-specific. This means you would need to download those tunes on your specific device in order to have them available for offline listening. Unfortunately, this is not an action that we can perform from our end. 

For more details about how to download your tunes, please check out my post here.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos