cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Replay button not working

APB070192-
Local Performer

So I brought my subscription back for $5 a month and when I went to go use it like I normally do I noticed that the repeat but it's not working. So I shut the phone off turned it back on then tried it again still didn't work. So I uninstalled the app reinstalled it signed in still not working. Shut the phone off for good measure again. Still not working so I waited till the next day maybe thinking that my payment was still processing and maybe that's why it wasn't working immediately still doing the same thing. What do I do?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @APB070192-.

Let's see if we can get your replay button functioning normally again. 

Please try out the following:

1. Clear data* for Pandora in your phone's settings.
    • Press the menu key from the home screen on your device (not your Pandora app).
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap Apps.
    • Select Pandora.
    • Tap Clear data from the storage details page (you may have to tap Storage to see that option).
  2. Return to the Pandora app, and log back into your account after completing the above steps.

The steps for each Android device are slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

*Pandora Plus users, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @APB070192-.

Let's see if we can get your replay button functioning normally again. 

Please try out the following:

1. Clear data* for Pandora in your phone's settings.
    • Press the menu key from the home screen on your device (not your Pandora app).
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap Apps.
    • Select Pandora.
    • Tap Clear data from the storage details page (you may have to tap Storage to see that option).
  2. Return to the Pandora app, and log back into your account after completing the above steps.

The steps for each Android device are slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

*Pandora Plus users, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let me know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

thirdcoastgrind
Local Performer

Some songs simply can't be replayed, due to licensing restrictions by the artist or record companies 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thirdcoastgrind You are correct about this. Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions. In the meantime, you can create a station that will play similar songs and artists, based on an artist or a particular song.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

FranzS
Local Performer

I've done everything recommended cleared cache uninstalled reinstalled verified the songs aren't under any restrictions made sure the application was updated made sure my phone was updated. Please see screenshot. Nothing I do fixes the replay button.

Screenshot_2023-08-24-17-02-37-71_a4ea60b2b4974f6c47519fc058077f37.jpgI use an ad blocker and VPN which you can see in the screenshot but they're turned off. I've tried everything I can think of. Any help towards fixing this is very appreciated.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @FranzS. 👋

Thanks for passing along this screenshot so that we could view the error message.

Does this happen with any song you try to replay?

Have you tried clearing your app data to see if this helps? If not, you can try out the steps here: Android Troubleshooting

++

Device Details

If the issue persists after clearing your app data, I'll report this on your behalf. It's helpful to know:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

FranzS
Local Performer

App data has been cleared yes, still with no change. This happens when connected to WiFi or Cellular data. T-Mobile is my carrier. Please see attachments for additional requested information.

Screenshot_2023-08-30-15-16-47-10_a4ea60b2b4974f6c47519fc058077f37.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-30-15-15-46-48_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

  Thank you!

0 Kudos

barb_jb
Local Performer

This was happening to me for about 4 months and then I really searched and found that I had an extension added in on my browser that was blocking pop ups and it also blocked the replay button when I went into the extension and allowed Pandora the replay button started to work again

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience, @barb_jb. This is information may be helpful to others that have an extension added. 👍

0 Kudos