Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Wizard1. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the volume.

Something to note:

• We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast.
  • As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.
  • If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

++

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Does this occur with all songs? Or, just certain ones?
  • Are you using headphones, connected a speaker, or any Bluetooth devices when you experience this?

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out the basic / advanced steps to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Tw1zte3d Thanks for posting to community! 👋🏻

Looks like you may have reached out to our User Support team about this. Please be on the look out for their reply in your inbox. 

Feel free to let me know how it goes! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Wizard1
Local Performer

I think it's my Motorola 6gs ? I guess what I'm looking for is there a way you can offer me on your end to get the volume up, or otherwise solve this for a non technical kinda guy ? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Wizard1. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the volume.

Something to note:

• We don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast.
  • As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.
  • If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

++

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Does this occur with all songs? Or, just certain ones?
  • Are you using headphones, connected a speaker, or any Bluetooth devices when you experience this?

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out the basic / advanced steps to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos