cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear OS app won't sync with phone

MetalRider
Underground

Hello.  I apologize if this has already been covered in another topic.

I have the Wear OS Pandora app on my Fossil Gen 4 Explorist and as well as the Android app on my Pixel 5 and on my previous phone, an LG V40 ThinQ.  I've had the same issue for some time now.

If I open the Pandora app on my watch and try to sync with my phone, all I get is the eternal spinning wheel and they never sync.  If I open the app on my phone and watch, they both do their own thing...the phone plays fine, and my watch which doesn't have a speaker, tries to play on it's own.  I don't have this problem with a competing music app.  Frankly I'm tired of this.  Pandora customer support was no help the last time I reached out a ways back when it first started on my LG phone(s) some time ago. 

I just want my watch to display the same song info as my phone is playing so I can give a thumbs up or down without having to unlock my phone.  

I hope it's something simple I'm just overlooking.  I hope you all can help.  I really like Pandora for it's ability to find music I'm interested in, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

@MetalRider Thanks for trying that out. 

Unfortunately, I don't have any other troubleshooting steps I can offer. Pandora does not support Wear OS and the app is no longer available for download in the Google Play Store. 

If you've previously downloaded the app to your watch, you'll continue to have access but we can't predict the behavior you’ll experience. You may find that it does not function as well as other devices.

In the meantime, I’ve passed along your feedback.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @MetalRider. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

When listening to Pandora from a Wear OS device, there should be a standalone app. However you mentioned that your Fossil Gen 4 Explorist watch doesn't have a speaker. Looks like this watch has a microphone. If there's no speaker, I'm not sure that you'd be able to listen to Pandora from your watch directly.

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

What are you attempting to sync from your phone / watch? Are you attempting to control your music from your watch instead of your phone?

In the meantime, you can find out more about how Pandora works with Wear OS in this helpful article: Pandora on Wear OS

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

MetalRider
Underground

Thanks for responding Alyasa.

Specifically what I want is to be able to open Pandora on my phone, and have the Pandora app on my watch be displaying the song info for whatever is playing on the watch.  On my first smartwatch this was how things worked and I was happy with that.  Now however, the Pandora app on my watch doesn't talk to my phone at all.  Of I open the app on my watch first, my phone doesn't see that I'm using the watch.  Of I have both apps open, they are playing different things.  The problem is my account doesn't seem to recognize both devices to be let them sync.  I hope this clears my request up some.

0 Kudos

MetalRider
Underground

Thanks for replying Tanner.  I do have an app on my watch that will open when I open Pandora on my phone.  However, the only functionality it has is to adjust the volume and replay or skip a song.  No thumbs up/down option which is one thing I really want.  I'm not even sure if it's a generic app from either Google or Fossil, or if it's a minimal version of Pandora.

I have tried doing exactly what you suggested.  I deleted the app from my watch, and reloaded the app.  I did restart my watch just in case that would help.  I then reloaded the app on my watch and opened it.  At that point it instructed me to finish the set-up on my phone.  When I do that all I get is an eternal circle and my phone will not sign in that way.  If I go back to the watch, once again all I have is the stand alone version of Pandora there.  I even deleted and reloaded the app on my phone to see if that would help.  No luck.  Getting very frustrated here.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@MetalRider Thanks for trying that out. 

Unfortunately, I don't have any other troubleshooting steps I can offer. Pandora does not support Wear OS and the app is no longer available for download in the Google Play Store. 

If you've previously downloaded the app to your watch, you'll continue to have access but we can't predict the behavior you’ll experience. You may find that it does not function as well as other devices.

In the meantime, I’ve passed along your feedback.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MetalRider
Underground

The "eternal circle" I mentioned is from the Firefox browser on my phone indicating it is presumably trying to login in to Pandora after the Pandora app (standalone I guess) tells me to finish logging in on my phone.  This process just keeps trying to complete but never does.  As for whatever app that will show what Pandora is playing on phone, I don't have a clue whose app it is.  It only has the one screen and has no identifying logos or other information on that screen.  Maybe it's a Fossil thing.  I'm seriously looking into a Samsung smartwatch when the new models that will be running WearOS comer out this fall.  Hopefully that will fix this annoyance.

I do appreciate your attempts to help.