cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto Operating System (AAOS)

afink
Local Performer

I was told by my dealer that in my brand new 2022 Yukon, pandora would work through the dash without my phone needing to be connected.  Yet the day I go to pickup up my car, Pandora is not even an option through the dash. The only way Pandora will work in a brand new Yukon 2022 is if my phone is connected.  I have chosen not to accept the car as a result.  I don't want to tinker with other music services and I don't want my phone connected to my car.  I want to use my pandora that has years and years of my thumbs ups and downs ingrained in it.  I have an unlimited data plan and it was turned on when we were testing. We searched the app store for Pandora and every single other music service (iheart, spotify, youtube, amazon music) was searchable and downloadable as an APP except pandora. Is there any way at all to get pandora to work inside of the dash of my brand new 2022 Yukon without my phone being connected ?  This dealer did a lot of work to order this new car and spec it out to my liking and I am feeling very guilty that I don't want to take the car because of this pandora issue. Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @afink! Welcome to community. 

It sounds like your vehicle may use Google Built-in an Android Automotive Operating System. Unfortunately, Pandora does not support the use of the Google Built-in feature. Listener's with vehicles that support this OS will need to connect their mobile device either through Bluetooth or Android Auto to use Pandora. 

The best place to post feedback about this is on the Feature Request board. From there, other users can review and vote for the ideas they'd like to see for Pandora. 

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

++

Update:

A feature request has been posted in the Feature Request Board. Listeners who would like to see this feature available for Pandora can vote on this idea here: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

19 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @afink! Welcome to community. 

It sounds like your vehicle may use Google Built-in an Android Automotive Operating System. Unfortunately, Pandora does not support the use of the Google Built-in feature. Listener's with vehicles that support this OS will need to connect their mobile device either through Bluetooth or Android Auto to use Pandora. 

The best place to post feedback about this is on the Feature Request board. From there, other users can review and vote for the ideas they'd like to see for Pandora. 

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

++

Update:

A feature request has been posted in the Feature Request Board. Listeners who would like to see this feature available for Pandora can vote on this idea here: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

PhilipS
Local Performer

GM is moving to AAOS for all cars after 2022. It would be nice if you as a moderator could provide information on *if* if will be supported and *when* it will roll out. I am looking at a new car and it has Spotify. Shame Pandora is not there.

WAZ
Underground

I have a new 2023 Volvo XC-40 Recharge EV and was looking forward to using Pandora in the car without using my phone.   But when I try to load Pandora in the car using the Play Store, it's not an app that's available.  Am I doing something wrong, or it just isn't available or compatible at this time?  Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

kingsarenum1
Underground

I am not seeing any response to this post.   I have the same issue.  I have a 2023 Volvo XC40 recharge EV and it has google car,,, but when I go to the play store,  Pandora isn't an option.    Is there  a reason for this and will it be available in the future.

0 Kudos

WAZ
Underground

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.  Hopefully someday! 🙏  What do they call this, "1st World Problems"? 😄  I don't care, I want Pandora in my car without having to use my phone and Bluetooth!

TannerPandora

Hi @WAZ and @kingsarenum1! Welcome to community.

It sounds like your Volvo's use Android Automotive Operating System. Unfortunately, Pandora does not support AAOS at this time, however, a feature request has been submitted. The best way to get ideas like this heard is by voting on the request - App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In).

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

kingsarenum1
Underground

Yes,  please .   

WAZ
Underground

Thanks, Tanner! 👍             

Schkade20
Local Performer

Are there any plans to release an integrated app for the 2023 GMC 1500 Sierra trucks?  I was disappointed that my 2017 had an integrated app and with the new Android based radio with Google play, it doesn't have an app available for download.

Durpquad23
Local Performer

Also a 2023 GM owner with AAOS. Would like to see this app hit the playstore.

JoshuaH4484
Local Performer

Just bought a new 2023 Honda Accord Touring with google built in. I was able to download the Spotify app in the google store but I can not find the Pandora app. Does anyone know anything about this? I would love to be able to jump in my car and play Pandora without having to bring my phone. 2023 TOURING comes with 3 years unlimited data for in car apps. Would love to see Pandora on the list of options to download. 

ryanstout1980
Underground

I've been a long time Pandora subscriber 15+ years. I have purchased a new 2023 Chevrolet Silverado that has the Android Auto Operating System. I can't select Pandora as an option to install, but I can see every other service and some I've never seen before. Many people are pleading for you all to get this working in the vehicles and not having to rely on our phones for this to work. I am also in this camp, I've called many places in both GM's and Google's sides with no luck. You are the only one who can make this happen for your loyal customers, I don't really want to switch from our awesome community but if you can't deliver on what your entire community is asking for then I and we have no other choice but to move to another service. Please get this fixed, or give us some kind of timeline so we know that you are actually hearing us and not ignoring us.

Thank you.

lobudgt
Local Performer

You could switch to Sirius/XM. Oh wait, that's who owns Pandora. 😄

ryanstout1980
Underground

I was reading that a few months ago, I tried XM when I got the vehicle, it wasn’t worth it in my opinion. 

0 Kudos

TPG
Underground

Another 2023 GMC Yukon Denali owner with AAOS looking for the Pandora app in the google play store.  My 2020 and 2021 GMC's have it and allow pandora stations to be saved in the preset menu.  Using AA or phone is not workable.  Why do companies go backwards?

It appears this has been the case for over a year now. I just purchased a 2023 and don't have access but do on my 2020 and 2021. After spending hours trying to figure it out, call to OnStar confirmed it. It does not appear pandora is interested in addressing this so I canceled my subscription and will use XM. I have a feeling this has something to do with Google....none of these companies are for the consumer it's all about the $$.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Ames14
Local Performer
  • Just traded my 2021 Yukon for a 2024 Yukon. When I go to download the pandora app through google play it is not found. Did they do away with the app on GMC or Google play? I hope not. I always had it on in my 2021 Yukon. 

You can still play pandora through Apple car play but I hate doing that because I’m always on my phone for other things! 

Marz09
Local Performer

I’ve ran into the same issue! Until I can figure out how to download it, I’ve been using Alexa to make it play my pandora stations

0 Kudos

Sherrykaye64
Local Performer

You would think a 100,000.00 vehicle would have access to the Pandora app. The 2023 GMC does NOT. I see so many complaints you would think they would fix it. I guess it’s just about the money and not customer satisfaction.

TPG
Underground

For some reason Pandora has not yet made their app compatible with AAOS (android automotive GM and others are using now) devices so it's not on the play store.  Been well over a year.  Until it's there I canceled my subscription.  

0 Kudos