cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth - Unable to connect

ANorman
Underground

Pandora is not connecting to car after app update 2/12/2022.  Was working fine through Bluetooth in car prior update.  Car is 2016 Buick Regal.  It is not the car or the phone!   It's the app.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @ANorman! Welcome to community. 

To clarify, does your mobile device connect to your vehicle, however Pandora won't play? Does it appear to connect and play but no sound?

When connected, do you control playback through your phone or the audio controls within your car?

Have you experienced the same issue when connected via USB (if this is an option in your vehicle)?

Can you tell me a little more info about your mobile device and set up?

1. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  2. Do you use an aftermarket stereo? If so, what is the make and model of that device?

Let me know.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hink1
Local Performer

I am having same problem where it is connected to car bluetooth but no sound on either iphone or car. Phone is iphoneSE

0 Kudos

ChrisC12
Local Performer

Yes. I've been having the same problem for multiple weeks now since an app update. It is not my new S22 phone, or tablet, or stereo, because other apps connect fine with the bluetooth. It will also not cast over Wi-Fi to my chromecast now either with the app on my tablet. In both my car and my chromecast, it will connect once if I reboot both devices and repair them but then never again.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChrisC12 Sorry for any trouble listening to Pandora in your vehicle.

Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? Bluetooth
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  6. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos

ANorman
Underground

Sorry for the long delay. It started working up until now.  Fast forward 8 months and once again I'm here with the same issue. It is not the phone.  The car connects to the phone. I'm able to make and receive hand free calls through the phone.  It's the Pandora app in the car.  Error is Check connected device.  It happened after an update.  Why does this keep happening?  It doesn't matter if I use an USB connect or not.  I pay for Onstar wifi and I'm able to connect to the internet on my phone through wifi when I'm in the car.  And the Pandora app opens on the phone it just isn't connecting to the car.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

HI @ANorman! Welcome back to community! 👋

Sorry to hear about the trouble in your car again. Since the Pandora app within your car is dependent on the Pandora app on your phone we often start troubleshooting steps for your phone to see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Can you send over a bit more info about your phone?

• Make and model of your phone:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ANorman
Underground

Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown and my Pandora version 2210.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 22101002)

TannerPandora

Thanks @ANorman! Since you're receiving an error message, I've passed this along to our engineer team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos