cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Unable to load stations in Recent tab after updating to iOS 18

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
121 Replies

agc428
Opening Act

OK... I cooled down and went to the car , plugged in my updated iphone (ios-18) and carplay loaded and started Pandora (2408.1.1) with the exact same issues as Pandora 2408.1... looking to downgrade to ios-17, anybody that has done it please post results. 

read other peoples post on other music streaming services and they are not having issues with Carplay and ios-18. 

I have 2 Pandora accounts I pay ($$$) for and have had them for 10+ years... might be time for a change

0 Kudos

Jerry333
Local Performer

Yes! Update didn’t fix the issue either.

Sherald
Local Performer

I recently (today) downloaded firmware version 2400.1.1.  I still have the issue of Pandora not being able to download my stations properly.  In fact, I get one station to play, then cannot get Pandora to allow me to change stations.  This is quite annoying.  I contacted my dealer and he said this problem has been around since IOS 18 came out.  A fix would be very nice.  I do not utilize any other music source in my car.  Thank you in advance.  sherald.friend@gmail.com or sherald.friend@yahoo.com

0 Kudos

RP316
Local Performer

I have latest update & still doing it.

0 Kudos

Sacwarrior79
Local Performer

Didn’t fix the problem in my 2024 Silverado 

0 Kudos

Curtisshoper
Local Performer

Still not working oh and there is no update for the app

0 Kudos

Rsmith718
Underground

I had to delete Pandora and r-load to update from 2408.1 to 2408.1.1 

Still get a loading error

0 Kudos

walt2
Local Performer

Not resolved. I am using version 2408.1.1 on newest iOS and having the same problem.

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Pandora Ver. 2408.1.1 didn't fix anything. Nothing changed, exact same problem... Who ever fixed/tested it needs to be FIRED!!! 

Moderators, please put some pressure on Pandora to fix compatibility issues with ios-18 CarPlay.

TannerPandora

NOTE: I've accepted this message has the Solution to flag the current steps OR status of this thread.

We will continue update this thread with information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Thanks for your understanding!

Pandora Update (10.01.24):

Thanks for feedback with the latest version.

Since this release we've received various reports with different listener experiences. Please be sure to carefully read below and to post your experience within the correct thread so that these issues can be investigated.

The CarPlay fix released in 2408.1.1 was specific to stations not loading within the RECENT tab after updating to iOS 18. With that in mind, let us know the following:

- If you continue to have trouble with stations not loading within the RECENT tab after updating to 2408.1.1 please post your feedback within this thread.

- If stations load in the RECENT tab, but after selecting content to play the screen does not transition to the Now Playing screen, please post on: CarPlay: Screen doesn't automatically transition to Now Playing

- If stations load, but you receive an error message, "There was a problem loading this content", please post to: CarPlay: Error message "There was a problem loading this content"

- If you're having an experience that is related to the above points but doesn't quite fit one of those experiences, please post to CarPlay: Issues after updating to 2408.1.1

In the meantime, the moderation team has reported your feedback to our engineering team and will continue post updates as they are made available to us.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

Pandora Update (09.30.24): Hi everyone 👋

We believe that this problem has been resolved in our latest release for iOS. Please update your Pandora app to version 2408.1.1, which contains this important fix. 

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Pandora Update (09.18.24): Hi all! Thanks for posting!

Our engineering team is aware and currently investigating. In the meantime, there is a workaround to force load Pandora within CarPlay. Please try the following:

From CarPlay

• Select My Collection
  • Choose a Station to play
  • Select the Now Playing 'arrow' in the top right corner of the screen which should force content to load

Alternatively, while connected to CarPlay, select a station to play on your phone, and CarPlay should load.

We appreciate your continued patience!

Pandora Update (09.17.24): Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with CarPlay and iOS 18.

I've passed along your feedback to our engineering team to further investigation.

In the meantime, for any new listener who is experiencing trouble with CarPlay on iOS 18, please be sure to confirm that you are on the latest version of Pandora, 2408.1.

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device. If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon - this means you're on the latest version.

Thanks for your patience while we review!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TexaninFlorida
Local Performer

In the Apple iOS App Store, the Pandora update they just released did not show in my updates. I had to search and go directly to the Pandora app and select “update”.   Version 2408.1.1 has the same issues.

I just canceled my Pandora subscription and moved to Spotify.

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

On my previous post I forgot to mention it's slow to respond.

0 Kudos

itzsmk71
Local Performer

After update - still not loading recent stations. 

Keep trying.

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

OK... 2020 Honda Passport - iPhone 12 ios-18 - Pandora ver# 2408.1.1

Start car, plug in iPhone, (last station played starts to play) unlock iPhone, Recent Tab "Loading""Loading""Loading", change tab to My Collections, select My Stations and shows them... select station-1 (It plays and highlights), select station-2 (It plays and highlights), select station-3 (It plays and highlights)... it never goes/show the artist/song unless I hit the triangle icon in the upper corner and if I hit station-3 multiple times the music changes to station-1, station-2, station-3, 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3... but never highlights them... station-3 is always highlighted (Sometimes "Can't load content" pops up)... Most of the time I don't know what station i'm on.

when i first start CarPlay "Recent" won't load until i go to "My Collection" and then back to "Recent".

Also, when i go to "My Collection" "Stations" and select a few of them, It won't let me select the first station on the list to go back to... i can select other stations but not the first one.

Losing confidence in Pandoras ability to resolve the compatibility issues with Apple ios-18 CarPlay.

Started looking at other services. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

crmagee89
Local Performer
I dropped Pandora...moved to Spotify and youtube music..
Regards,
Chris Magee
0 Kudos

bizzyb
Local Performer

**ahem**ty part is that pandora has the BEST sound quality.     Spotify sound quality is awful in comparison and I refuse to sacrifice sound quality:/

0 Kudos

JN56
Underground

The recents tab is still not working as before.  My experience today - started car play with the updated pandora and the Recents screen would not load.  I moved to the my content tab and the music did load and it went to the now playing screen.  However, it only did that one time.  Went back to the Recents tab and it was loaded and music would play by selecting a station.  However, it did not go to the now playing screen and, it did not bring the station I selected to the top (as in, most recent).

Things have obviously changed, but for all practical purposes, it really isn’t acting any better and it’s certainly not back to the way it was.

0 Kudos

Bytebox12
Underground
I don’t know what has happened but since iOS18 has been released Pandora has really gone downhill and has not caught up at all. The new Pandora update did not do anything to correct problemsMy stations list shows up only after I touch Stations, and then it loads and loads; but if I touch one station another station plays instead and I keep getting “There is a problem loading this content” with every single station I play. There is a long lag time before anything loads, the Recent tab does not load at all, the sound quality has deteriorated for some reason — this has now been going on for almost a month. I pay for this, so it’s pretty frustrating. I have never had to use my USB cord, and even when I do nothing changes. It has absolutely nothing to do with my car’s software either, as I have checked several times with Lexus for automatic and manual updates. Get on this please - it’s nice to know I am not the only one who is having issues!
0 Kudos

crmagee89
Local Performer
Experiencing same issue. Well said.

Cheers.
Regards,

Chris Magee
0 Kudos

Ferrarienzov
Local Performer

Yep I’m running 2408.1.1 and still having CarPlay issues with iOS -restarted phone

-deleted and reinstalled Pandora 

-restarted carplay

-restarted iPhone 

still no joy

0 Kudos