cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 6/28/21: Carplay - Siri - Unable to play Pandora

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 6/28/21: Hi all! We've received confirmation that this experience has been resolved with version 2106.1. I'm marking this thread as resolved and closing from further comments. 

If you run into trouble with a similar experience in the future, please create a new post and reference this thread. 

Pandora Update 6/25/21:  Hi all! Thanks for posting and for your patience while we investigated this experience. We believe this has been resolved with the latest version 2106.1. 

Please update the Pandora app to this version and try again. If you continue to have trouble, let me know. 

Pandora Update 6/10/21: Thank you everyone for posting your experience! Our engineering team is currently investigating this issue and are working on a fix.

If you are experiencing this and would like to be added to our ticket, please include the following information in your post:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

I'll continue to post updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

Thank you all for your continued patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 6/28/21: Hi all! We've received confirmation that this experience has been resolved with version 2106.1. I'm marking this thread as resolved and closing from further comments. 

If you run into trouble with a similar experience in the future, please create a new post and reference this thread. 

Pandora Update 6/25/21:  Hi all! Thanks for posting and for your patience while we investigated this experience. We believe this has been resolved with the latest version 2106.1. 

Please update the Pandora app to this version and try again. If you continue to have trouble, let me know. 

Pandora Update 6/10/21: Thank you everyone for posting your experience! Our engineering team is currently investigating this issue and are working on a fix.

If you are experiencing this and would like to be added to our ticket, please include the following information in your post:

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

davistw
Opening Act

After the latest update, siri wont work though carplay. For example if i say 'play smooth jazz on pandora'  siri says working on it then says 'smooth jazz playing on pandora' then says "oops there was a problem try again later"... however on my phone if i uses siri for the same thing it works like a champ.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hey @davistw! Thanks for posting your experience. 

We're aware of this and are currently investigating. I've gone ahead and added your info to our ticket. I'll make updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

Thanks for your patiences in the meantime. 

For anyone else that may be experiencing this issue, I'm happy to include your info on our ticket. In your post please include the following info:

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act

Thanks. I am glad you guys are on top of it.

Here is my info

Iphone 11

IOS 14.6

Pandora 2105.1

dood59
Local Performer

Yeah. This is not working on mine since the update a few days ago. Siri will play it through asking on the phone but will not do anything when you ask through car play. 

I-Phone 12

IOS 14.6

pandora 2015.1

0 Kudos

Bubz89
Local Performer

My Pandora is having the exact same issue.

iPhone SE 2

IOS 14.6

Pandora 2105.1

0 Kudos

LAPv3
Local Performer

iPhone SE 12

most recent version of iOS and Pandora. If not resolved soon, I’ll have to cancel my Pandora subscription as the only place I use it is in the car and I need the safety of Siri launching my tunes.

TannerPandora

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cavallino
Local Performer

Getting same with Carplay on Porsche Macan.  Pandora is working otherwise.  Just errors when Siri asked to play a specific artist.   New phone with Pandora just installed. 

iPhone 12 Pro Max on Ver 14.6

Pandora 2105.1

0 Kudos

Jeremy2112
Local Performer

iPhone 11

iOS 14.6

version 2105.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting your info @Jeremy2112 @Cavallino. I've added your info to our ticket. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jnappi
Local Performer

iPhone 8

TannerPandora

Thanks @Jnappi! I've added your info to our ticket. We appreciate your patience. 🙂

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kzangi
Local Performer

I have the same issue. I have an iPhone 8 with iOS version 14.6, and Pandora version 2105.1.

It was working until about a week ago.

0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act

Can you give us an ETA on a repair of this issue?

0 Kudos

Jj12
Local Performer

Same issue;

Siri in CarPlay says “somethings wrong” won’t open “station”

iphone Xr

IOS 14.6

pandora 2105.1

0 Kudos

seholmes811
Local Performer

I am also having this issue. It also causes issues with how Pandora interacts with my Apple CarPlay. It does the same thing where it has problems pausing and playing unless my phone is unlocked, which defeats the purpose of using CarPlay (not needing to open phone while driving). 

Carrier: AT&T

iOS version: 14.6 

Pandora version : 2105.1

Thanks

0 Kudos

Oreo1
Local Performer

My Apple CarPlay using Siri is unable to change stations.  It says something went wrong.   I have an iphone12.

thanks!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Oreo1. 👋

We appreciate you taking the time to report this. I moved your post over to this existing thread as your issue seems related: CarPlay - Siri - Unable to play Pandora

@TannerPandora has posted an update and request specific information to share with our engineering team here. Once you've provided those details, we can add your information to the internal ticket we created for this issue. 

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 6/25/21:  Hi all! Thanks for posting and for your patience while we investigated this experience. We believe this has been resolved with the latest version 2106.1. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos