cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevrolet - Switches from SiriusXM to Pandora app

Jewel5401
Underground

I have a 2021 Chevy traverse. Have installed Pandora app in the car. Also have sirius XM radio. All all of a sudden now Pandora will randomly switch from my Sirius XM over to a Pandora station. And sometimes when it switches it plays 2 songs on top of each other .

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jewel5401! Thanks for posting your experience.

SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services and products, so your experience is very odd and interesting. I've enabled a trace on your account from the Pandora side to help me investigate. 

If this happens again, can you let me know:

• The time and date it happened
  • Take a picture of what you see on the head unit
  • Let me know the Pandora station that it switched to

Thanks!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jewel5401
Underground

Thanks Tanner. So this happened again yesterday, 8/4/21, at 5:56. I had gotten in the car and tuned to a sirius xm station. Drove for about 30 minutes with no issues. Reached my destination, and when I got back into the car about 20 minutes later, upon starting the car it immediately switched to a Pandora station (Jack Johnson radio) and was playing two songs on top of each other. I switched it back to sirius xm and then at 5:58 it switched by itself back to Pandora but only played one song. It appears to happen totally randomly. The only consistent thing I see is that it always switches to Jack Johnson radio channel.

20210804_175632.jpg

20210804_175822.jpg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @Jewel5401! Have not seen this before. 🤔

@BaileyPandora Do you have any thoughts on what may be happening?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jewel5401
Underground

@lizbwhitakerlea it seems to happen regardless if connected via USB or when my phone is connected to the radio via Bluetooth or not. Has happened several times in the past 10 minutes.  And it's not just going to the Jack Johnson radio channel like I thought.  it's going to whatever Pandora station I listened to last. The launch for car option is off on my phone.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jewel5401 I'm going to create a ticket and pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

In the meantime, I'd like to remove the Pandora connection with your Chevy and have you go through the set-up again. Wondering if something may be cached or stuck and calls on Pandora for some reason. 

If you're up for this, let me know, and I'll go ahead and remove it. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jewel5401
Underground
I was thinking the same thing. I removed the Pandora app from the car this morning. I was going to reinstall it later. I will wait for your "go ahead" before I do it though. Thanks!
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sounds good, @Jewel5401!

I've gone ahead and removed the connection from my end. It's almost 10am Pacific my time, just to be sure the connection as been removed I would wait at least 4 hours, then try again. 

Let me know how it goes and happy Friday! 🙌🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jewel5401
Underground
Sorry for the delayed response. I was out of town and then had a child with a medical situation. After removing Pandora I was still having odd things happen. This leads me to believe it's an issue with the infotainment system itself. I did a system reset and was still having issues. Today I erased all my personal data and profiles from it. So far just the plain old FM radio is working fine. After a few days if all is well I will reload XM radio and see what happens. If all goes well after a few days of that I will reload Pandora. Fingers crossed.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the update, @Jewel5401! Hope all is well now.

Let me know what you find out. I'm really curious to know what could be causing this. Thanks! 🙂

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jewel5401
Underground

Just wanted to stop and give you an update. I have slowly added back apps to the radio including Pandora and so far everything seems fine. I think the only thing I have left to do is pair my phone to the car. So I'm going to test it for a few more days and then try pairing the phone to the car and we'll see what happens.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the update, @Jewel5401! Hope it works! 🙌🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jewel5401
Underground

Well so far so good. Pairing with my phone has gone OK. Last thing I did was start using Android Auto yesterday but so far things are fine. I'm going to see what the next few days bring and continue listening to Pandora on my phone at work or even on my computer, then get in the car and put it through it's paces to be sure there isn't some strange setting. If all goes well the solution for this seems to be deleting all your settings, including your personal settings, on the car infotainment system and starting over.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thank for the follow up, @Jewel5401! Wonder if a glitch happened in the infotainment system. 🤔

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos