cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Pandora App -- Stuck on Loading

Sashivna
Underground

Hi!

I have a 2021 Honda CR-V. I use the Pandora App (which allows control of Pandora through the car's interface and not via my phone). Android phone. A couple of weeks or so ago, I had been experiencing some weird issue with the Pandora App on my phone where it would play for 2 seconds and stop. I thought a reinstall would help, so I did that about a week ago. Ever since then, the Pandora app in my car will not function. The phone moves into accessory mode (where the screen is just the black screen with the accessory mode graphic) and you control Pandora via the car's interface. I can swap over to Bluetooth and it will play, but I don't like that because I can't change stations via the car's interface or like/dislike specific songs like I can with the Pandora car app. I've had this issue in the past, but I can usually swap sources and it will "fix" the connection. Now, that's not working. I try it a few times every drive. I assume that something in the current version of the Pandora app is causing this. What can I do? This is getting annoying. Pandora app version: 2306.1 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sashivna
Underground

@TannerPandora Hi! Just following up. A funny thing happened on the way to work. I've been using just the regular Bluetooth source to listen to Pandora in the car (since the app source hasn't been working). All of a sudden, my phone completely disconnected from the car, and I had to reconnect it. I thought "hey, I'll try the app." And lo and behold. The app is working. 

For the record, I had tried several times manually disconnecting my phone and reconnecting before I reached out here. It didn't work. I'm not sure what happened. If there was some update push that fixed something buggy somewhere. I dunno. But as of this morning, the app is working again. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Sashivna 

Did this just recently start happening or when you updated to a recent version of Pandora?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account. Can you please clear the app data/cache for me and try again. You can use the following steps:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know if you need help signing back in.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sashivna
Underground

Thank you for the response. Yes, it started being unable to ever use the Pandora app when I reinstalled Pandora on my phone, thinking a fresh install would fix a different issue (which it did? - haven't had it do the thing where it plays for a second, stops and I have to hit play to get it to work). 

I just did what you asked here (cleared data and cache), logged back in, reset all the permissions, and still just loading until it times out and asks me to reload Pandora on my phone and then relaunch. 

So, I'm thinking there must be something up with this version of Pandora? 

0 Kudos

Sashivna
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora!

Just wanted to follow up on this issue. It persists even after I did what you suggested. Did your trace come up with anything? Is there some way to install an earlier version of Pandora because it used to work?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sashivna! Thanks for the follow up. Sorry to hear those steps didn't help or improve your experience.

I was just reviewing the trace log and unfortunately it didn't yield anything of note, so I'll have to escalate this our engineering team for further investigation.

When you're safely able to, can you please share a picture of what you're seeing on the head unit of your car?

Thanks for the help!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sashivna
Underground

20230703_064306.jpg

@TannerPandora The top left is what I see when I turn to the app. The bottom left when it tines out. Phone shows accessory mode (shown on right)

0 Kudos

Sashivna
Underground

@TannerPandora Hi! Just following up. A funny thing happened on the way to work. I've been using just the regular Bluetooth source to listen to Pandora in the car (since the app source hasn't been working). All of a sudden, my phone completely disconnected from the car, and I had to reconnect it. I thought "hey, I'll try the app." And lo and behold. The app is working. 

For the record, I had tried several times manually disconnecting my phone and reconnecting before I reached out here. It didn't work. I'm not sure what happened. If there was some update push that fixed something buggy somewhere. I dunno. But as of this morning, the app is working again. 

TannerPandora

Hi @Sashivna! Thanks for your other post - I was out for the holiday. I just happen to be looking over things just now when your post came through. I'm glad things are working again, I'm not aware of any changes on our end so it's perplexing.

Let us know if it happened again!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos