cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listen to Pandora in my car

gingersnap31
Local Performer

Hello.  I am new to Pandora.  I do not have a smart phone and want to start listening to Pandora in my car.  I do not have Serius XM or any other special subscription in my vehicle.  I am told I do have blue tooth capability.  Can anyone help me how to listen in my car?  Thank  you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @gingersnap31 At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.*

If you have a smartphone, I'm more than happy to help get you set up in your car. 

Thanks for posting to community! ❤️

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @gingersnap31 At this time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.*

If you have a smartphone, I'm more than happy to help get you set up in your car. 

Thanks for posting to community! ❤️

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Armygirl
Underground

Hi Tanner. I DO have a smartphone...an Android. Can you help me? I have Sirius in a 2021 Subaru Outback. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Armygirl Welcome to community. 👋

Can you tell me a little more about your Subaru?

1. Are you using the stock stereo system that came with your Subaru or an aftermarket stereo? If it's aftermarket, what is the make and model?
  2. Is your Subaru equipped with Android Auto?
  3. How do you connect to your vehicle, USB or Bluetooth?

Thank for the help!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Armygirl
Underground

1. Stock radio

2. Yes it has Android Auto. But I seem to have to connect from my phone each time I get in. (Don't know if that's normal. I hate Android Auto. Haha)

3. Connect to vehicle for phone calls via bluetooth. 

4. I thought I had seen an icon somewhere before for Pandora but I can't find one now anywhere.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Armygirl Thanks for the info.

Looks like you have several ways to listen to Pandora in your car, Android Auto, PandoraLink and Bluetooth. Keep in mind, you'll need to connect your phone to your vehicle each time, all Pandora automotive implementations require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.

PandoraLink

PandoraLink should be available in your Subaru and would be found within the Starlink media apps. While I believe this should support Bluetooth, it's often best to connect via USB for a more reliable connection. When connected though, the playback controls for Pandora will be transferred from your phone to your Subaru's head unit. An Accessory screen will appear on your phone, this message cannot be dismissed when you're connected to the vehicle.

Android Auto:

I know you mentioned you hated it, but it does have a nice interface and is pretty easy to use. Some Android Auto version support Bluetooth, but most I believe need to be connected via USB. I would double check your owner's manual to see if your version of AA supports a Bluetooth connection Once you're connected you can  launch the Pandora App icon in the Android Auto dashboard.

Bluetooth:

Standard Bluetooth is always a good option, however, playback and thumbs would be controlled via the phone, instead of your car's head unit. In most modern cars once you're connected you should be able to use the steering wheel controls to adjust volume and skip tracks. However, playing, pausing or selecting a different playlists, album or station would need to be done on the phone itself.

Hope you found this helpful, I would give each option a try to see which experience you enjoy the most. But for what it's worth, my recommendation is for Android Auto. I have found the experience to be a bit nicer.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Armygirl
Underground

Wow awesome answer! Thank you so much for your detailed information! I will definitely try all 3 options. I probably hit every button EXCEPT the Starlink looking for the Pandora link. Again thank you for your help and time. I'm sure one of these will definitely work 😁🤩📻