cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora 'Accessory Mode' via Bluetooth Only

jladams19
Local Performer

How can I get out of the pandora accessory mode on my phone so I can listen to pandora via Bluetooth. My car has the app but I can’t control the stations or anything so I don’t want to use that 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
59 Replies

Kool_J
Local Performer

I'm having this exact same issue and its driving me nuts as it's doing this to me on my Harley 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kool_J, -- Can you let me know the make and model of your phone and which version of Pandora you're on. If you need help finding it, let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kilkswitch
Local Performer

same issue, Bluetooth only connected to Kenwood KMR-M328BT.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kilkswitch! Thanks for posting. 

Just wanted to confirm that you're not connecting to Android Auto or PandoraLink when connected to your Kenwood. 

Also, you'll want to ensure the toggle 'Launch from car; is disabled and use only a standard Bluetooth or aux connection.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kilkswitch
Local Performer

Don't understand "connecting to Android Auto or PandoraLink when connected to your Kenwood."

Launch from car is disabled

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Kilkswitch Some audio systems are equipped with  Android Auto, Apple CarPlay or PandoraLink. This software allows you to control Pandora via the head unit rather than your phone. 

If you're controlling Pandora through one of these systems the Pandora controls will default to the car's head unit when connected to your phone. There is not currently a way to turn this off. 

You'll want to use only a standard Bluetooth or aux connection.

If you're using a standard bluetooth connection, and still having trouble, then try re-pairing the connection between your car and the phone.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to the users manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mtdewfiend
Local Performer

Why can’t you put the solution on here? I’m having the same issue. 

0 Kudos

lorraine19smith
Local Performer

I know this post is old, but I am experiencing the same issue when connected to Bluetooth in my car. Any chance you could help?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lorraine19smith! Thanks for posting.

Just to confirm, when you're connected via Bluetooth, you're still controlling Pandora from your phone and not the head unit of the car. 

In the meantime, can you check if 'Launch from Car' is disabled? 

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices make sure that  Launch from car is disabled

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lorraine19smith
Local Performer

I disabled Launch from car and this seemed to have solved the problem. Thank you 🙏 

TannerPandora

Hooray! 🎉 @lorraine19smith 😊

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jdavidd26
Local Performer

I get that same screen when I try to stream Pandora through BlueTooth in my car.  I have a 2014 Accord as well.  Were you able to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos

Acria77
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem and it is disturbing 

0 Kudos

wirenut4285
Local Performer

I just got a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L with the factory sound system.
I'm running Pandora version 2108.1 on an Iphone 8Plus, with IOS version 14.8.

Pandora plays through bluetooth for a few seconds, then stops, and the screen on my phone changes to the "Pandora <-> Accessory" image.  Pandora will then only play if I change from Bluetooth to the "Pandora" source, and I can no longer control Pandora through my phone.

The weird thing is, it didn't do this for the first few weeks after I got the car, then just started out of the blue - it may have been that it didn't do it until I selected "Pandora" as a source for the first time.

I much prefer Pandora to Spot###, but this is a major hit to usability. Please notify me if there's a solution or something I can try. Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

HI @wirenut4285! Thanks for posting.

Can you confirm if the Launch from car setting is disabled or enabled on your phone? If it's enabled, can you try disabling it and try Pandora again?

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth Devices make sure Launch from car is disabled

Keep in mind that with the Launch from car feature disabled, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Alfalfalalfa88
Local Performer

If car has a pandora app in the stereo system its going to put your pandora app into accessory mode. See if your stereo has a plain Bluetooth connection without using the car's pandora app. I had the same problem with my car after changing the battery. I had to go through my radio systems menu to turn on just a straight Bluetooth connection to connect to my phone. 

0 Kudos

olgammon
Local Performer

I have a 2016 Honda CRV. I'm having issues with Pandora too (version 2108.1.1). It's only been a few days since the problem started. I clicked on "forget device" (handsfreelink) on my phone and deleted the phone from the car's device list, turned off car's audio and the phone's bluetooth, I even turned the car off and restarted my phone, I deleted Pandora from my phone and reinstalled it. I then turned everything on and paired my phone with the handsfreelink. Still, Pandora does not work but on the phone I get the same image as posted above by jladams *pandora (arrow up and down) Accessory*. I've done all I can think of to troubleshoot but now at a loss. Can you help me too? Thanks!! 

0 Kudos

JCunninghamPA
Local Performer

I wish there was a way for Pandora to play to a Bluetooth device like wireless ear pods while not allowing the ear pods to dictate anything to Pandora. Everyone I wipe my sweat it changes the song or lowers the volume or pauses the music and it drives me crazy!

0 Kudos

Jcraig7312
Local Performer

I’m also getting this same screen when connecting via Bluetooth to my pioneer radio.  I’m running the most current version of Pandora. This is so infuriating.  At this point I can only play offline music or my ‘thumbs up’ station. 

0 Kudos

wirenut4285
Local Performer
Um, I'm going off memory here but IIRC this is what I do:
With the car off, start Paindora on your phone, go to Profile and click the "gear" icon for Settings.Under Settings select Advanced,
then switch off "Enable Launch From Car".  I'm pretty sure that's the feature that is the culprit.
Note that you have to do this with the car off - which you probably already figured out since with the car on you can't do @#$%. 

Note also that any time you log out of Pandora this will default back to On and you'll have to do this again;
also any time Pandora does a major update release, or any time you clear the cache in Safari (on an Iphone). 

Good luck
0 Kudos