cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 5/4/21: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple CarPlay

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/4/2021 - Hi all! I'm closing this thread and marking it as resolved. If you continue to have trouble with playback stopping when using CarPlay, please create a new post, referencing this thread. 

Pandora Update 4/28/2021Hi everyone! Thank you for posting your experience with Apple CarPlay to the community. 

We believe this has been resolved with Pandora version 2104.1. If you haven't yet, please update the Pandora app on your iPhone to the latest release. 

If you continue to have trouble with playback with Pandora on CarPlay, please let me know. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Kdub1219! thanks for posting your experience, sorry for any trouble with CarPlay. 

Can you please confirm the Pandora version  you're on is 2007.2?

Also, when connected to CarPlay, is this through USB or bluetooth?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kdub1219
Local Performer

How do I find the version #? When I check for app updates, there are none for Pandora. 

and I am connecting CarPlay thru USB. 

thank you!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kdub1219! Sounds like you're on the latest version. But just to be sure, you can find the Pandora version with these steps: Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kdub1219
Local Performer

Thanks for that. 
I am on the wrong version...2007.1

but when I try to see if there’s an update available in the App Store, there’s nothing for pandora. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Oops! Sorry, @Kdub1219 ! 😬That was a typo, it's suppose to be 2007.1 - that's the latest release for iOS. 

Another quick question, are you able to connect to CarPlay via bluetooth?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kdub1219
Local Performer

No, I can’t connect via Bluetooth, only via usb cord

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Okay, thanks for letting me know @Kdub1219! This was super helpful and thanks for the go back and forth. 

A small change was made that may help, let me know if you notice any changes in the next couple of days.

I've updated my report on this issue to our engineers and passed it along to them. 

Thanks for all your patience during this time!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

syncski
Local Performer

Is there a solution to this problem?  We have a 2020 VW Atlas and Pandora stops playing after 1 song!  Very frustrating.   We are on the latest version of the Pandora app (2007.2) and iOS (13.6).  We connect to Apple car play through USB.  This happens on both my and my husbands phone.  We’ve rebooted several times.  Please let us know how to fix this.  

0 Kudos

CST86
Local Performer

Any solution to this? Just bought a brand new 2020 Honda Odyssey and pandora only plays 1 song via CarPlay!!!! Very frustrating.

pandora app (2008.1) IOS (13.6.1)

TannerPandora

Hi @CST86 and @syncski Thanks for posting your experiences. 

A small change has been made that may help, let me know if you notice any changes in the next couple of days.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kamanator
Local Performer

Hi. I just purchased a Toyota last week and am having the same issue as above with Pandora on CarPlay. It’ll play fine, but if I disconnect or turn off the car, I can’t get it to play again. Only thing that works is to delete the Pandora app and reinstall, which is getting old really fast. I keep getting a network quality is poor issue, which isn’t the case because, well, I’ve never had that problem in the areas I’m driving in, ever before. I just installed the latest OS update last night and tried again this morning and same issue. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kamanator Thanks for posting to community!

Sorry for any trouble listening to Pandora in your Toyota.

Could you provide the following info:

1. What is the model and year of your Toyota?
  2. Can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  3. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth/ USB)

Thanks for the help!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kamanator
Local Performer

Hi! Thanks for your quick reply. 
1. 2020 Highlander Hybrid 

2. Version 2008.2-12-c269e6b8

3. USB

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming @Kamanator!

We've made a small change that may help. Can you please log out of Pandora and then log back in. 

The next time you're in your car let me know if there is any improvement. 

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dpage3
Local Performer

Hello. I'm having a problem with Pandora (version 2008.2) not playing continuously when my phone is directly connected to a USB port in my car. The app is requiring play to be pressed to advance to the next song.

I'm using the app through Apple Car Play. The car is a 2019 Honda CR-V. This issue started approximately one month ago.

If a change was made recently, it hasn't resolved my issue as it just happened again yesterday (9/13/2020). Please advise if there's something I can do to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dpage3! Thanks for posting. 

A small change was made on your account. Please log out of your account and then back. The next time you play Pandora with CarPlay, let me know if you notice any changes. 

Thanks!

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Julzdawn
Opening Act

Apple car play stops after each song. Please help. This is not only frustrating, but distracted driving...

I frequently get locked out of my music with a buffering message. Is there some way I can avoid this? It’s incredibly frustrating.

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

jena44
Local Performer

I am having this same issue in my 2020 BMW X4. I have Pandora version 2009.2 and it’s only playing one song at a time when connected through Apple Carplay. I have to hit the play button after each song. It’s very frustrating not to mention distracting while driving. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jena44! Thanks for posting to community. 

A small change has been made to your account that should help. Let me know if you notice any changes the next time you play Pandora in your BMW. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

xfidelitydj
Local Performer

I have the exact same problem on my 2020 GMC Sierra with carplay.

Can you make the same tweak to my account that has helped others?

0 Kudos