cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 5/4/21: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple CarPlay

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/4/2021 - Hi all! I'm closing this thread and marking it as resolved. If you continue to have trouble with playback stopping when using CarPlay, please create a new post, referencing this thread. 

Pandora Update 4/28/2021Hi everyone! Thank you for posting your experience with Apple CarPlay to the community. 

We believe this has been resolved with Pandora version 2104.1. If you haven't yet, please update the Pandora app on your iPhone to the latest release. 

If you continue to have trouble with playback with Pandora on CarPlay, please let me know. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @tkennell3! Thanks for posting. 

Could you provide the following information so I can take a closer look.

1. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  2. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  3. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  5. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ReesyPiecy
Local Performer

I’m having this issue now.  It started after a “concurrent streaming” warning.  The other stream (on the Apple TV) is turned off and the car play is still requiring me to press play after every song.  😞

0 Kudos

azndrew
Local Performer

hello i’m having issue with one song playing also on my account via apple car play. 2020 VW JETTA 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @azndrew @ReesyPiecy! Thanks for posting your experience. 

We've made a small change to your account that may help. You may need to sign out and back in for the changes to take effect.

Can you please try again and let me know if playback still stops?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ReesyPiecy
Local Performer

@TannerPandora - I uninstalled the app and reinstalled to solve the issue the first time.  It repeated again today and the uninstall and reinstall seems to have corrected it again.  I’ll try the sign out method next time.  It appears the Apple TV needs a few minutes (10-ish) to release the account before it will stream somewhere else.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @ReesyPiecy

Just to clarify, due you continue to have playback stops with no message or are you getting a simultaneous streaming message when listening in your car?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ceblake64
Underground

Running iOS 14.2.1 with AppleCar play and just recently the app stops playing after every song.  I see various threads but no solution I can try. All seem to point to Pandora having to make an update of some sort.  Please advise. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ceblake64! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread to keep things organized: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple Car

Can you let me know the following:

• The make and model of your vehicle
  • The Pandora version you're currently on? (if you need help finding this, let me know)
  • How is your iPhone connected to your car? (Bluetooth/USB)
  • If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

Thanks!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ceblake64
Underground

Greetings - 2017 BMW 750i / Bluetooth / Pandora should be the latest version - I delete the app and reinstalled it. Hope that helps! Chis

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @ceblake64

We've made a small change to your account that may help. You may need to sign out and back in again for the changes to take effect. 

Let me know how it goes the next time you connect with CarPlay. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ceblake64
Underground

The magic worked whatever it was - Thanks!  Happy New Year!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ceblake64 Thanks so much for letting us know. Glad to hear that you're back up and running. Enjoy the tunes, and have a happy new year! 😄

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Howard7
Local Performer

I have a 2021 genesis G 70 sport. I am having the same problem. While using Apple CarPlay it stops playing music after every song. How do I change to continuous play?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Howard7. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your issue, and sorry for the continued trouble.

I have messaged you privately to gather more information about your Pandora account. 

Please take a look at your PMs when you get a chance.

Appreciate your help with the requested account info! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Lisa602
Local Performer

Other posts look like Pandora has to help with this so I’m posting to get some assistance. I have a BMW i3 2015 and Pandora app version is 2012.1. We have a lot of glitches where Pandora won’t even start and I have to load it on my phone for it to recognize something or refresh so it can play on Carplay (this happens on our Samsung TV too) but most frustrating is now it’s stopping after each song. I have deleted app and reinstalled and signed out and back in. Our Carplay is Bluetooth. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Lisa602. 👋

Nice to see you around the community.

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple CarPlay

We've shared your report with our engineering team. They are aware of this issue.

Thanks for your patience while they work on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

kylerusk
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I have to physically push the play button to get the song to play every time. I connect with a USB cable. I'm using Apple Carplay.

2020 Subaru WRX base

Stock Radio

Pandora version: 2012.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kylerusk! Thanks for posting. 

We've made a small change to your account that may help. You may need to sign out and back in again for the changes to take effect. 

Let me know how it goes the next time you connect with CarPlay. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KimP
Local Performer

I am having the same problem with my new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, but it only started in the last week.  Prior to that, it worked fine.  All I can think that has changed is the update to IOS 14

0 Kudos

kylerusk
Local Performer

Thanks for the update. It seems to work now. 🙂