cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subaru - 'Pandora Error' message

sky_2_kno
Underground

Perhaps similar problem with my Subaru but using iPhone, not android.

Keep getting "Pandora Error," or app not available (it's installed on Subaru dashboard?!), whether I choose the Pandora button on car dashboard or even if I choose the "direct" USB connection button. (Naturally I am using new-ish USB cable to USB port every time.)

Subaru 2017 Forester Premium. iPhone has current OS.

Then, f I try to play app on my iPhone, there is no reaction: Pandora seems to try to activate but then disappears and screen reverts to Home screen.

After a few days, this problem seems to go away on its own.

This has happened frequently over the past several months. Just now home from a trip and have had it. I am not subscriber; recurrent "Pandora Errors" like this is reason why.

I tried restarting iPhone, no difference. I will trash app and maybe reinstall. I don't need aggravation on long trips anymore, forcing me to consider Sirius unfortunately on reliability alone.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @sky_2_kno thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having trouble in your Subaru. 

I moved your message into a separate thread since you're on an iPhone and this issue seems a little different than the previous thread.

I’ve asked our User Support team to enable a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. While this trace is enabled I'd like you to uninstall the Pandora app and reinstall it for me. If you need steps on how to do this, let me know.

In the meantime, can you let me know the following:

• What is the model of your iPhone?
  • What Pandora version are you currently on?
  • What iOS version are you currently on?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ptrix2
Local Performer

I am having a similar issue, i cannot even access the pandora app on my subaru with my iphone 12 pro.  Had a galaxy previously with zero issues connecting.  I can play music through bluetooth but cannot access the app at all through the vehicle. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ptrix2! Thanks for posting. 

Could you provide the following info so I can investigate?

1. What is the model and year of your Subaru ?
  2. Do you have an aftermarket stereo? If so, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. Can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. Can you tell me the iOS version on your iPhone?
  5. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  6. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  7. Can you provide a photo of the error message you see on your car's head unit? 
Thanks for the help. Let me know. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sky_2_kno
Underground

Hi! Did this issue ever get resolved?

I also have iPhone 13 Pro Max, using iOS 16.4, on 2017 Subaru Forester (not CarPlay, just the regular Subaru package). Pandora version on my iPhone is 2303.1. (Note, I did already remove app from my iPhone and reinstall it.)

I can't play Pandora using my car's audio menu, it just shows a spinning wheel like it used to when it couldn't find a Pandora channel occasionally. Of course the USB cable is connected. Pandora plays on my iPhone perfectly of course - but I want to use my car's audio system to play it. I used Pandora in my car for about 5 years fine until this past month.

0 Kudos