cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volvo - App is currently unavailable

JloCle
Underground

Hello, for the past few weeks, Pandora will not work in my 2018 Volvo V60.  AT@T says I have internet connection, Volvo says my subscription is active, but the app will not work.  Once in awhile a song starts playing then stops.  I can sometimes get to my station list, but cannot choose a new one.  I have done a factory reset and logged back into my account and that changed nothing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ccars99
Opening Act

Solution Found for "Apps Currently Unavailable" Volvo.

Perhaps this works for other vehicles, but only done on Volvo 2015.5 V60 Platinum.

By doing a reset to factory defaults the memory or cache is cleared, which allows Pandora to 

function as expected.  Go to settings, select factory default.  Keep in mind this clears all your

saved data, which means Volvo ID has to be re-entered and you will have to log in to Pandora,

so have ID and passwords available.  Once that is done you can enjoy your stations again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @JloCle 

Seems like you've tried all the basics. Let me enable a trace on your account.

I've removed the device association with your Pandora account, this will log you out automatically. When this happens, go ahead and log back in, try Pandora again and let me know the time and date you experienced this issue. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JloCle
Underground

Hi, I just logged back into the car about 5:45 PM on Tuesday.  Nothing has changed. I still cannot access Pandora and it won’t even allow me to find my stations to choose anything now

0 Kudos

JloCle
Underground

Just logged out and log back in at 6:08. It shows that I successfully logged in briefly displays a menu then goes right over to “apps currently unavailable.”  Pandora is still the only app not working in the vehicle.

0 Kudos

JloCle
Underground

Just left Volvo dealership and paid for software update. Issue still present when trying to use the Pandora app in my car. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JloCleThanks for following up. I've reported this to our engineering team so they can take a closer look. 

Can you please do me a favor and take a picture of the message you see when trying to launch Pandora? 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Deerrick
Local Performer

I have the same issue.  

0 Kudos

gettanet
Local Performer

Add another 2015.5 XC-60. If I hit exit 10 to 20 times it will function but very annoying. Long boot time and cycling thru the exit punches. Also, to destination or back home went it gets going.

sitex
Local Performer

I have 2015 Volvo XC60 everything was fine but recently is giving me message “app is currently unavailable try later “ . I rebooted the system and still not working with the same message 

0 Kudos

Lekealluns
Local Performer

I have nearly same issue Pandora will open and display my stations but will not play in my 2018 xc90

ccars99
Opening Act

2015.5 V60 2.5 AWD Platinum
Have been following this thread since inception several months ago, as I have had the same error message-Apps Currently Unavailable (ACU) from Pandora, for many months. First have AT@T in car modem paid and active. Today I decided to attack the problem to see if it is a connection malfunction. Selected apps and tried "Find Fuel", which worked fine. Next went to Pandora as this is my goto app. Pandora opens to previously tuned station, but once I try to select another station up come the "ACU". Selecting OK takes me back to original choice. Tried to Exit and shows "ACU" , but does not exit app.
So went to internet connections choices and tried home Wi-FI, same thing. Then tried iPhone Bluetooth connection and the same thing. I made video with iPhone mov, although not aware how to convert to it can be posted here.
Have Volvo and Pandora come any closer to a solution.  This is long overdue a correction.

ccars99
Opening Act

Solution Found for "Apps Currently Unavailable" Volvo.

Perhaps this works for other vehicles, but only done on Volvo 2015.5 V60 Platinum.

By doing a reset to factory defaults the memory or cache is cleared, which allows Pandora to 

function as expected.  Go to settings, select factory default.  Keep in mind this clears all your

saved data, which means Volvo ID has to be re-entered and you will have to log in to Pandora,

so have ID and passwords available.  Once that is done you can enjoy your stations again.

0 Kudos

Donalc
Underground

I have tried EVERYTHING to get pandora working including factory reset. And software was recently updated. What does it take?? I can login fine and see play lists, but when I select to play something, it's stuck in 'connecting...'. Pandora worked fine when I got the car (2019 XC60), but stopped working several months ago. 

0 Kudos

kirsten1
Local Performer

I am having same problem.  Pandora in XC40 was working fine now will not connect.  I also have AT&T subscription.

0 Kudos

MarsinOH
Local Performer

I have same Pandora problem 2019 XC90

0 Kudos

etmulroy
Local Performer

I am also having this problem but have found a clue to what may be the issue.  I use my volvo modem for internet connection with Pandora it says Not available in my region.  However, if I connect to wifi using py phone as a hotspot the Pandora app functions normally. The problem is I don't like to connect to the internet that way because my car loses (forgets) the connection to my phone wifi hotspot every time I turn the car off and it's annoying to reconnect each time so the less annoying thing is to jus tnot have access to Pandora.  Hopefully someday the problem gets resolved, I'm thinking the modem thinks the car is in Sweden or something like that but I live in USA, so if Pandora is listening investigate the modem - I think that is the issue.

0 Kudos

Kreigz
Underground

Afternoon.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  Still plagues me ... same symptoms as you.

0 Kudos

Dpcunningham2
Underground
I have not found a solution. Using bluetooth.
0 Kudos