cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any 80s fans around?

LindaK70
Local Performer

Hi, I'm Linda from Portland, Oregon. Just wondering if there's anybody out there who still listens to 80s music like me? lol....I'm a nerd but I love that decade! 

Tags (1)
19 Replies

@LindaK70  let me know what your favorite songs are from this decade, and I will be more than happy to add them to the GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) playlist, this playlist is shared in the community for all to listen. You take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

Dewayne
Local Performer

Love the 80’s they rock!

LindaK70
Local Performer

Love the Go-Gos and Def Leppard the most! 

@LindaK70  I will be sure to add some of they're top hits to the GSOTD playlist, or better yet, if you wanted to, you could post on the GSOTD daily community post and post your favorite songs by your favorite artists from the 80's era (great decade of music). No pressure, if you like I will post the top hits from your favorite artists if you don't want too. I am just trying to encourage others to interact in the community. If want to check out the GSOTD playlist, here is the link. It has surpassed the 300 song mark, enjoy the music. 

download (10).jpg

https://pandora.app.link/moblWfm3dcb .

Hope to see you around the community more, take care and stay safe.  

P.S Merry Christmas, and have a Happy and safe New Year.  

MOHLovesAlaska

Jlace
Local Performer

I love the 80's .where are you from and where do you perform?

@Jlace  I'm from Up-State N.Y, about half way between Albany & the Big Apple. Just had 31 inches of snow dumped on us. But I do love the winter. 

As far as performing goes, I am not an artist, although I wouldn't mind if I was. Hope to see you around the community more, take care and stay safe.

Moderator edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LindaK70 @MOHLovesAlaska @Jlace @Dewayne So glad to see you all here discussing the awesome era of the 80's!  8️⃣0️⃣s baby, over here!

Yes, everyone please check out the GSOTD playlist, curated by our very own @MOHLovesAlaska!

@LindaK70 @Dewayne @Jlace We're happy to have you in the :pandora: Community! Take a look around and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to tag me or any of my Moderation Team, who can be found around the community, with an @ mention.

NOW,

Let's travel to the 1980s with this retro music hits playlist! Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 1.58.42 PM.png

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

TannerPandora

I'm an 80s baby too! Count me in. Except, I'm all Pop - 80s Pop Station

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.21.17 PM.png

TannerPandora_0-1608243848655.gif

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

@ErickPandora  , @TannerPandora  great playlist, great post. Wishing you both a great and Happy Christmas, along with a very Happy and safe New Year. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks and hope that you also have a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year, my friend! 

Thank you for all of your amazing contributions to the Pandora Community this year! We're excited about what 2021 has in store for us! :pandora:

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

@ErickPandora  I hope you have a very safe and most memorable vacation. Thank you Erick for your very kind words. Be safe dear friend. Have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and safe New Year. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

RRobi
Local Performer

I like what I call "Classic KROQ". I'm not sure what it's called - New Wave? 80s Alternative? Stuff like The Cure, Depeche Mode, Psychedelic Furs, etc.  I hate Madonna with a passion that only strengthens with time. I tend to hate pop after the early 70s (when I was born). I also like Def Leppard, U2 and Motley Crue. If you didn't figure it out, I grew up in LA. Which also means I hate Warrant with a passion only topped by my hatred of Madonna.

I also like 90s Alt-Rock/Grunge and late 80s/90s pop-rap (Will Smith, Tone-Loc, etc.)

TannerPandora

Happy Holidays @MOHLovesAlaska

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

paperdoll1975
Underground

Hello 

@paperdoll1975  and hello to you, I hope all is well and good for you. Here is a playlist that has been created for all to have, and a playlist that others have contributed by adding songs to the GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day). Please feel free to join in at anytime, your music picks will be added to this playlist as well. Looking forward to hearing from you soon @paperdoll1975 . Enjoy the music.   

download (11).jpg  https://pandora.app.link/HUim55ziqcb   Have a great Merry Christmas and a very Happy and safe New Year. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

Djecho-thecure6
Underground

Yes, I am and what a great decade. Everything from the cars to Depeche mode, Roxy music, echo bunnymen, the cure , psychedelic furs, the smiths, Duran Duran, and goes on and on. Absolutely great music and proud of it. Take my blue tooth speaker and go outside the play the 80's and make sure everyone hears it and knows what real music is👍

JackPhantom
On the Rise

As someone who was alive, as a teenager in the 1980s:

The top 40 had some right bangers. A Flock of Seagulls "I ran", Gary Numan "Cars", Eurhythmics, Culture Club, etc.

Second wave punk was churning through the suburbs: The Exploited, Discharge, Chaos UK, etc.

There was a ska mania as well: The English Beat, Madness, The Specials....

Goth had its first true wave: Bauhaus, The Sisters of Mercy, Alien Sex Field, Specimen. Goth was paired with Deathrock, as opposed to Industrial, so you had a lot different music coming out of that scene.

The New Wave of British Heavy Metal gave us Iron Maiden and Judas Priest as well as some hidden gems like the Tygers of Pan Tang.  As for metal, it would come to dominate the decade, with bands like Anthrax, Metallica, and Megadeth redefining the genre. Guitar heroes like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen turned up the speed and the scorch making the pyrotechnics of early Van Halen look slow and tame, almost.

And then of course there was the 2nd wave of rap. From Brooklyn parties and Blondie came groups like Whodini, the Beastie Boys, Run DMC and so forth. A breakdancing craze in the early 80s kicked off a lot of interest in Electro.

Speaking of weird electronic music, bands like the Legendary Pink Dots, Throbbing Gristle, Skinny Puppy and so forth were starting this odd new genre that came to be known as "Industrial".

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)

SuzettaOT7
Opening Act

80's Brit Ska is EVERYTHING! Specials, English Beat, Bad Manners, Fun Boy Three, the Selecter, ANYTHING Two Tone! SO GOOD! This genre deserves MORE. It defined not only a sound but a true cultural movement and reset to acceptance of diversity. They bulldozed the GATE. RIP Terry Hall. TRUE trailblazers. 

The Specials ST which was actually released in '79 absolutely though still in this conversation due to influence. Give this album a listen, prepare to be changed. Also the Ghost Town EP. Friday Night / Saturday Morning remains fresh. 

AJ_410
Local Performer

I love the 80’s music