cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autumn Is Here In Up-State New York.

The beautiful colors of Autumn have arrived. The bright red's, the oranges, gold, yellow, brighter greens. If you get a chance you should consider taking a weekend trip to Up-State N.Y, or even in the other Northeastern States. There are many great places to drive through. The Keene Valley which is just south of Plattsburgh N.Y. The Green Mountains of Vermont. Get off your couches, get away from your computers, and take in a great weekend of scenery. I know you will not at all regret it.  

DSCF0107.JPG 

Here is a photo I took from the top of Whiteface Mountain back in July of 2013. The lake is called Lake Placid, the village of Lake Placid can be seen at top left. This is in the heart of Keene Valley. It is also within the Adirondack State Park in Up-State New York. And Yes, I realize there are no change of colors of leaves on the trees. However, one cannot argue the beauty of the photo. Take care all, and stay safe.  

Moderator edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska
12 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great advice and a fantastic photo of the natural beauty of our planet! Thanks for sharing with us 🌳🌞🚤

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

ErickPandora happy to share my good friend. Erick you have a great week, and stay safe.                              

MOHLovesAlaska

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Great post Mohempstead, beautiful scenery. Fall is a beautiful season, but it’s also a sign of what’s coming. Mornings have dipped into the 30’s. I am not a fan of winter. 🙂🥶

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @joemd1960. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. 

Fall is my favorite season of them all. 🍂

I don't mind the winter as long as I'm bundled up. 30 degrees is freezing for September! Hope you're staying warm. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Nice to see you as well, I hope everyone is well. 😊

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska Sharing one of my favorite fall photos.

This was from last fall in Brentwood, California.

The color of autumn skies are beautiful too. 🌄

Unknown-1.jpeg

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

AlyssaPandora  what a beauty of a photo, how right you are about the sky. Great photo Alyssa. Thank you for sharing. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

@joemd1960  great to see you, it has been awhile. I hope all is well for you. Here is my favorite time of year Joe.

tenor.gif 

The snow, the cold, the blowing snow. There is nothing close to it's beauty. Especially when your in the woods on a winter's windy day, just watching the snow being blown off the tree's, what a beautiful site it truly is. Well @joemd1960  you take care and stay safe.   

mod edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist
  • Great to see you to my friend! The blowing snow on the trash truck is not fun. I’ll send it your way! Take and stay safe as well. 🤣😃

@joemd1960 the coldest weather I had ever worked in was -38 below. The coldest weather I worked in with just a t-shirt was -22 below. I was actually sweating from splitting firewood. My neighbor drove by and called me crazy, and nuts. But the fact is @joemd1960, I have always loved the cold, the winter, the snow. The cold has never bothered me. I have shoveled snow in my shorts and t-shirt many times. And many times I get called some harsh names by neighbors as well as family members. Just thought I would share that with you. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I have a co- worker that’s like you. 40 below, and he is in shorts and t shirt picking the trash route. I like 100

degree weather. Be well and and stay safe my friend  🤣😃

joemd1960 I knew I was not the only one. Oh, and by the way joemd1960, I was watching Alaska The Last Frontier, it is a Discovery Channel series, about the life of the Kilchers (Jewel Kircher's family in case you were not familiar with the show.) There is an episode that shows Otto, Atz Sr, and their two sisters. They were slay riding in the snow barefooted and in t-shirts. They were only children at the time.  This is for you joemd1960. Take care and stay safe.  012316-bennybabes13.jpg    

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos