cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change your Avatar in Community and Web player

KCdaGuy
Opening Act

I can't seem to change my avatar.  I changed it once with a picture I uploaded and it was gone the next day.  I have since changed it to one of the provided images but nothing will stick. What am I missing?  Also in the webplayer I have no avatar or option to change my avatar.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

55 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SneakerGods It's true that you currently need a Facebook account in order to add a profile picture to your Pandora account/community profile.

If you'd like have the ability to add a photo to your account without using Facebook, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️to express your interest as well: Profile Picture - No Facebook

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

DanielDacoata20
Local Performer

How can I change my profile picture 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanielDacoata20 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to add a photo to Community profile 

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can add a photo to your community profile.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

methadonnis
Local Performer

How do I upload my photo to my account here? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@methadonnis I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to add a photo to Community profile 

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can add a photo to your community profile.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

grapevinerep
Diamond in the Rough

@AlyssaPandora @AdamPandora - I am still slightly confused on community/profile avatars and/or photos. Under the "My Settings" tab, I see nothing for avatars. Am I missing it? And is the only way to change it right now still to link to a Facebook profile? (Someone needs to throw in a good word to get that changed so we can upload a photo directly through @Pandora.)

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grapevinerep Yes - at this time, the only way to change the photo on your community profile, is by linking your Facebook account with your Pandora account.

I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ if you'd like to see the option added to our service: Profile Picture - No Facebook

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to permanently change your community profile photo.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

greggtha
Local Performer

I am somewhat computer illiterate.  I am using a Samsung Tab 1 tablet for Facebook and Pandora. Could you be a little more specific about I would go about linking my Facebook and Pandora accounts together so I can use an avatar in the Pandora community? I have an Avatar that I created with avatar app saved on my tablet and like to be to upload it if possible. Using Facebook, I cannot create an avatar using this tablet. I have tried to but no luck. If you email me your answer to:

it would be appreciated 😀.

mod edit: removed personal email address

If it don't have a Steel...it ain't REAL!!
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @greggtha. 👋

To connect your Pandora account with Facebook from a mobile device: 

1. Open Pandora and tap the Profile tab.
  2. Press the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  3. Select Privacy. 
  4. Under Manage External Services, you can toggle the Facebook setting to On. You will be asked to authorize your connection. A confirmation message will pop up indicating that you have successfully connected your Pandora and Facebook accounts.

To connect your Pandora account to Facebook from a computer: 

Sign in to Pandora's website and click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.

1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Account in the left hand menu.
  3. Scroll down to Social.
  4. Select Connect to the right of the Facebook option. A screen will pop up prompting you to sign into Facebook. Make sure to sign in with your Facebook account information (email address and Password), which may be different from your Pandora account.

If you'd like to edit these settings in the future, you can go directly here.

I hope this is helpful. Have fun sharing the tunes! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

PoloCorgi
Local Performer

I have had a Pandora app avatar for years that has now disappeared since I started receiving these community e-mails for no reason all of a sudden.  I do not want to have any connection to my facebook account and cannot find where to change my avatar in any of the settings in the Pandora app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PoloCorgi We've gone ahead and unlinked your Facebook profile from your Community account.

Your Community avatar has now reverted to the default icon.

Hope this helps!

Mwallspecial
Opening Act

I did not like the picture quality of the first movie. . Perhaps the sequel to Avatar will be better  

0 Kudos

greggtha
Local Performer
Huh??
If it don't have a Steel...it ain't REAL!!
0 Kudos

oatraa
Opening Act

the connect button does not work, when trying to connect facebook to pandora
I will try in 'edge' instead of firefox, as sometimes that is a problem, for no known reason.

ok, it worked in edge; just a heads up then, something wrong with your firefox integration
it's not uncommon

Jim R
0 Kudos

trekman
Opening Act

Ok, Thank You for making the change where we dont have to link a avatar to Facebook. Now we can just load an image from our computers. SSSOOooo much easier. Thank You. 🙂

imsimsj
Underground

Why would you make someone connect their facebook account to add a profile picture? That is just a bad decision and weird. I have stuck by pandora since it's startup but that is about to change. Pandora does not seem to care about what it's customers want. We have been asking for the same things for years, like Lossless audio. The only thing that has kept me here was being able to save stations and then shuffle those station. Makes it easy when you listen to so many kinds of different music. That is not enough anymore. You want to keep our business it's time to put in a little work on your end. Bye for now, I'll check back now and then to see if you have changed your customer appreciation.

0 Kudos